Question regarding product license

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by DaBeach, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaBeach

DaBeach Registered Member

Hi there,

I purchased the ESET NOD32 Antivirus software last year for my home PC (Windows XP OS). I have been quite happy with it so far, most times I don't even know that it is running. Recently I bought a new laptop computer for travel purposes and thought I'd be able to download and install a copy of my Antivirus software on it. However, the information in your knowledge base seems to imply that I would have to buy a separate license for it? I guess I'd just like a little more clarification on how your product licensing works.

Thanks.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

one licence one computer so yes you would need to purchase another licence

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

If you are within a short period (0-60 days) or purchase, or renewl - you might be able to contact ESET or a local reseller to add a license to your existing license - the benefit of doing it this way is that you have a single username/password for your 2 computers - and you have a single expiration date.

The 2-user pack (if available in your area) - is also a much better deal then 2 separate single-user licenses.

hth

4. DaBeach

Well, considering it's been a year since the original purchase that probably isn't a viable option.

A follow up question, though. Say I had been able to add the extra license. My laptop runs with Windows 7 as my operating system, while the PC runs XP. Would the 2-user license allow me to install the Antivirus for both computers?

5. webyourbusiness

was it a 2 year license then?

The windows license is good for all version and mixing and matching of the same. I have users who have 4 licenses on 4 different versions of windows - it's their choice entirely (although I would encourage anyone to kill off their Vista boxes ASAP - that's a personal choice thing ;) )

6. DaBeach

Actually it was 3 years, so still got 2 years left on the current license.

7. webyourbusiness

ok - then buy a 2 year single user and combine them in 2 years... that would be your best but I reckon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.