Question Regarding NIS07 Before I Buy It!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Czar_Nicholas, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Czar_Nicholas

Czar_Nicholas Registered Member

Hi,
    I am planning to buy NIS-07 tommorrow.But i am little confused regarding its activation clause.

I have heard that there is a clause that you cannot activate norton products more than 5 times.........

Is it true? And what will happen if i cross the limit?

Will i get to upgrade to 2008 version for free if my license is left?

And again with regards to activation thing,if i un-install and re-install norton without formatting my hdd will it still consider it to be activated twice?

Plz help me in this regard.

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

erm, i think its 10 times,

if you create an image restore, such as FIRSTDEFENSE or ACRONIS, you should always be left on 1 installation :)

2006 users got a free upgrade to 2007, so it will 'probably' be the same for 2008, we dont know an answer for definate as its too early for talks and ideas of a 2008 version.

if you cross the limit, you cant use your licence anymore, simple as, but if you choose an image restore software or snapshot such as FDISR or ROLLBACK RX, you shouldn't have this problem.

3. Czar_Nicholas

if its 10 than its no worries...:) :)

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

dont quote me on it, thats just what i heard. :)

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have had my NIS in and out of this comp at least 14 times and have had no problems with activation. after reinstall it just tells me how much time is left on my subscription. This is only true if you are reinstalling it on the same comp you originally installed and registered it on.

6. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

Even if you reach the activation limit you can contact Symantec and they'll reset the key attempts.

7. Czar_Nicholas

ok,that's a relief.
    after hearing bigc,what i understand is,until u format ur hdd,norton will count no of activations as only one......no matter how many times you un-install and re-install..

8. coldplay

coldplay Registered Member

I suggest you contact your ISP, company , school or anything that provide you internet service. there gotta be at least one of them offer you either free Norton or free Mcafee.

9. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Forget about McAfee, see http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=92391,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.