Question RE: Win XP taskbar settings

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bellgamin, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I use Win XP SP2. I always run as Admin. In fact, I haven't even established a limited user account.

I want the icons for my 4 main security programs to always show in the Taskbar. I want all other icons to hide.

I set XP to do this as follows ("lc" = left click & "rc" = right click)...

After I make the above settings, icons for A-squared & Kerio ALWAYS appear in the Taskbar. Icons for Spider Guard & SSM show in the Taskbar only temporarily -- usually for quite a long time -- but eventually they do not show. Instead, they revert to the hidden part of the Taskbar. This is not caused by any action on my part -- such as restart, or in any way *disturbing* the two programs. The programs are still running, but they just decide to hide their icons.

I have a suspicion that the tendency of these 2 programs to hide their icons has something to do with their internal protection against termination. But that is merely a suggestion.

By the way, all 4 of these security programs are well-protected from termination by any nasty. I simply like to see their pretty little icons over there next to the clock.

Any ideas as to why Spidey & SSM are so shy? Any ideas how to fix it?

2. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

I have an idea what the issue is. Vaguely speaking, it is a bug in the program that causes it to hide itself. I could be wrong, but a recent upgrade on SystemSafetyMonitor addresses this problem, which I also experience. I could be wrong though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.