question re: panda

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by davlam, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davlam

davlam Registered Member

this question is not for me as such as i use Bit Def and also have spywareblaster and regularly run adaware/spybot s&d and use mailwasher as a mail filter.

However, the question has come op thus :

If panda (anitvirus and antispyware) is installed are the others necessary or is panda more than capable of covering everything that those other apps would do also.

Many people that i know who run panda have nothing else on their system (no additional firewall or antimalware or anything). Your thoughts/comments on all of that greatly appreciated.

cheers,

dave

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

This might be a good starting point:

Malware Prevention

But travel around here at Wilders you will find a lot more good advices as well.

Gerard

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    What's the level of expertise / habits of the persons involved?
    Mrk

4. davlam

davlam Registered Member

basic to aware in terms of experitse and i'd say general browsing (no p2p or large downloading etc)

there are a group of individuals in the forum i frequent who think that panda is the one and only, the best in the business and will protect them from all and they never need to worry about anything.

My question to them is that if they don't have any layered and alternative security how in heavens name do they know what panda doesn't catch (this being said for any 'package')

But the reply is resounding and i can't seem to educate them in the fact that no one thing is the dogs doo dahs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.