Question on MBAM

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by trjam, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

As all, I love this product but have never used it real time. My reason is the kid factor and I might be wrong on this so I am asking.

Whne you run a malacious file the pop up gives you 2 choices, Ignore and Quarantine

This wont work for me as kids are not going to understand or choose the right choice. Is there a way to make it quarantine automatically.

thanks

2. guest

guest Guest

Why don't you explain to your kids how to make the choice. You can tell them to click always on quarantine, and if the option does not appear clean/delete

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

yeah right,:cautious:

guess you dont have kids.

MBAM fails in its ability not to give the user the ability to tic a setting for this. Webroot has it incorporated into its products. I remember when Joe added it to Prevx because he agreed with what I am saying here.

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

agree with trjam in this one auto-matic desicion will be more secure especially when let's see a nasty malware was found and by accident the kids click ignore instead of quarentine;)

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I installed Shadow Defender and instructed my Grand children to always turn it on before they go on line. It's easy to set up. When they shut down every thing they did is gone, so MBAM's setting is irrelevent.:)

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

But Jeff's question has not really been addressed. I use MBAM real time, and while I cannot answer his question, the couple of times that MBAM has stopped malware I think it automatically quarantined it. However, I am not sure so have posted the question on the MBAM forum.
    I don't know how responsive they are there.

Jerry

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Now that I think of it, my MBAM puts up a little banner saying that Malwarebytes just stopped a piece of malware with no question of what to do with it.

8. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Upon reflection that is what has happened the couple of times I had it happen. There was a notice that MBAM had blocked the attempt. I don't remember what happened to it, but don't remember that it even quarantined the malware.
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.