Question concerning Customer Care Support Form

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by quasimodem, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quasimodem

quasimodem Registered Member

I recently used NOD32's native Customer Care Support Form. There is an option to review the data before it's submitted to ESET. I selected this option and was surprised to find that the data sent listed programs which haven't been installed on my computer for years:eek: ! They were listed similar to this:

<NODE NAME="EPFWDATA" TYPE="XML" XML_VERSION="2">
    <BROWSERS>
    <BROWSER PATH="C:\Program Files\Firefox\firefox.exe" APP_FLAGS="D" />
    <BROWSER PATH="C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" APP_FLAGS="D" />
    <BROWSER PATH="C:\Program Files\Example\Example.exe" APP_FLAGS="9" />
    <BROWSER PATH="C:\Program Files\Example2\Example2.exe" APP_FLAGS="9" />

For the purpose of this thread I'm using the 'Example.exe' files to refer to programs which are no longer installed on my PC.

Any idea where NOD32 is getting this info from/ where it's stored? Also is there a way to purge my system of this info since the programs are no longer installed? o_O

Thanks in advance

2. rcdailey

rcdailey Registered Member

I'm guessing, but it's likely that there are some residual entries in your registry that were left behind when you uninstalled those programs. You can search the registry for anything that includes the name(s) and try deleting the entries. Of course you should be careful about messing with entries in your registry. The fact is that these things don't really affect the operation of your system and that's what really matters, not what may be picked up by NOD32 if they are not being identified as an "infiltration" or "infection."

Oh, and you may find actual folders left behind on your hard drive. I uninstalled Opera (the browser) a long time ago, but there are folders in Documents and Settings under different users. I'll probably just leave them there. The program itself is gone.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Are you saying you haven't had those programs installed at all since you installed ESET?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.