QUESTION BEFORE UPGRADING

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by zambosky, Nov 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zambosky

zambosky Registered Member

Hi.
    I have on my pc Acronis Disk Director Suite 9 installed and running.
    I have Os Selector installed on my first disk, first partition.
    But as i have the known defragmentation problem, and related de-activation of os selector, i have created a new 50 megs fat32 hidden partition.
    Please can you tell me step by step what i have to do to both upgrading to 10.0 and have Os selector 10 installed in the new partition ?
    Best regards and thanks in advance.
    Paolo, Italy

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Paolo,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Management Software.

In your case the best strategy would be the following:

1) Completely uninstall Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 (including Acronis OS Selector). Please remember that after uninstallation all partitions properties (previously set by OS Selector) for current operating system will remain intact.
    2) Perform clean installation of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0. Acronis OS Selector can be installed to a hidden partition without any problems.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

3. zambosky

zambosky Registered Member

Please clarify when you say all partitions properties (previously set by OS Selector) for current operating system will remain intact
    I have 4 win xp pro installed on 4 partitions: can you assure me that after reinstalling OS selector 10 i will see al my 4 installations without any problem ?
    Thanks again ..

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Paolo,

Clarification: If you had some partitions hidden from the current operating system then they will remain hidden after you uninstall Acronis OS Selector. Also a partition marked as Active for current operating system will remain Active.

We can assure you that there should be no problems in your case since Acronis OS Selector 10.0 automatically detects operating systems installed on different partitions/hard disk drives. If some of your operating systems are not found automatically then you can use Acronis OS Detection Wizard which would help you to detect missing operating systems.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.