question after full image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 2budbeer, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2budbeer

2budbeer Registered Member

Mornin'
    This is my first time backing up. Sumwhat confused with results.
    I just full imaged, not cloned, my primary drive to a backup drive. Drive size 111gb, used space 6.33gb. After full image archiving with no compression to backup drive (partition 1 letter F, 15GB) it shows only 5.64GB used insteed of 6.33GB. WHY??

Also, when I explore this image I get info that looks like this in the "explore image wizard"

Partition Flags capacity used space type
    Disk 1
    NTFS (H: ) Pri,Act 111.8 6.3 NTFS

AND

Operation 1 of 1
    Assigning logical drive letter
    Drive letter: H:
    File system: NTFS
    Volume label:
    Size: 111.8GB
    Cluster size: 4KB

Why does this info keep refering to the 111.8GB size of the origanal drive (drive C: ) and used space of 6.3Gb I imaged? The image I'm exploring on drive F: on seperate backup drive is only 5.64GB in a 15GB partition? The backup proccess was kind of confusing. I ended up with what I hope is a exact copy of C: on to drive F:. Does anyone think I did something wrong?

Please Help
    Thanks

Last edited: Mar 20, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 2budbeer,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

According to your description Acronis True Image works as it should. The thing is that when you create the image all the info concerning your partition structure is included into it. This means that the size of the original partition is taken into account. If you explore the image you will get the exact copy of the partition you imaged.

As for the discrepancy in used space determination, it may result from the fact that the size may be counted in different ways (1Gb may be equal to 1000Mb or to 1024Mb for example). Anyway there is no reason to worry about it because all the data stored in the image is safe.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.