question about ZAP 5.5.062 (Free version)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by magoood, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magoood

magoood Registered Member

I used to use ZAP PLUS 4.x for a very long time but now i have left it coz i think it became too old and i clean installed the Free 5.x version of ZAP (i guess i'm not going 2 purchase the other versions). I wanna ask something: in the 4.x version, i used to right-click any program in the "program control" section to uncheck a useless setting that was ticked automatically with all programs in the list (that setting is a protection against outbound email...etc). However, in the 5.x program, i am not able to find the same right-click menu i used 2 get. any comments o_O

PS according 2 my own little experience, i used to untick that useless option in the 4.x version coz i beleieved that it makes a lot of problems and slow downs especially when the programs i'm using are innocent and do not need email outbound protection

THANKS

2. magoood

well sorry 4 bothering. I discovered that there are lots of things missing in the free version including that feature i talked about so i think i am returning back 2 the plus version

3. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Very good idea! Plus is excellent. I wish I had it before they dropped it. :mad:

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I'm glad i kept it. ;)

It's working fine for me. :)

snowbound

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

You can still find it around if you do a little searching. I found an older copy of Plus 4.0.146.029 that I like a lot, and it works fine with my Pro serial key. I did try Plus 4.5.xx but it did NOT work with my Pro serial, so they obviously changed things at 4.5. But the older version works, and it's all that I need when I use ZA. Very nice... :)

6. magoood

I have seen b4 on a certain link (which i don't remember right now unfortunately and by the way, u 'll have 2 do some effort b4 u can reach it on their site coz it's sorta buried in their site) in which they keep a list of their older versions together with a direct download link so u may get the plus version which i used 2 use b4 without any problems. The exact version i used is: 4.0.146.029

7. mercurie

Fellow Creatures,
    My key is for PRO I would be really surprised if it worked for a PLUS that I never owned. I was going to drop PRO and go with PLUS but Checkpoint dropped it before I could make the switch (buy PLUS and get key). Sorry I was unclear with my post. :doubt:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  8. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

My key is for Pro also, and it worked fine with ZA Plus 4.0.146.029. Your Pro key will NOT work with Plus 4.5.xxx however.. If you can find Plus 4.0.146.029 then you're in luck...

Just looked around a little and found it, but it's for a non-English version. But I did find it a month or two ago by searching Google for a while.

I looked thru the ZoneLabs release history and there doesn't seem to be anything all that important added since this version. I like it best myself.. :)

Edit: Should be able to download Plus 4.0.146.029 here:

http://www.tcmagazine.info/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2287

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  9. mercurie

Kerodo,

Thanks a bunch for spending your time in helping me. I talked about this right much with fellow "zoners" (users) on the ZoneAlarm forum and got no such assistance. :)

10. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Glad I could help Mercurie... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.