Question about virus

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MysticG, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysticG

MysticG Registered Member

Ok so this isn't surprising since some of my friends are computer impaired when it comes to internet security and I wasn't around.

I look at some applications called QQ Games and AIM Tunes installed on my computer, QQ Games was on my taskbar so I tried to end the task, it wouldn't so I uninstalled it. I don't like applications I don't know about and I dunno if it was directly linked (prolly was) so I scanned with Spybot S&D for a quick sweep, the scan came clean but sure enough when I check my quarantine on Eset there was something there. Here's the log.

12/12/2008 4:17:12 PM Real-time file system protection file C:\WINDOWS\system32\Process.exe Win32/PrcView application cleaned by deleting - quarantined NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Event occurred during an attempt to access the file by the application: C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe.

My questions are can anyone tell me what that is or potentially is? How dangerous is it? Should I be worried?

p.s. I am doing a on-demand scan, always do after a virus/maleware is caught.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Process.exe is a legit tool that can be exploited by malware to kill running processes. It's not detected as malware, but as a potentially unsafe application.

3. MysticG

MysticG Registered Member

Oh, ok. Thanks for the heads up, I was a bit worried since it had to do with System32.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.