Question about the trial version

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dsver1, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsver1

dsver1 Registered Member

I'm stoked to try NOD32, given the glowing reviews around the net and the less than glowing reviews for my current AV (Trend Micro).

My question is: Is the trial version a locked version of the full product? I.e. When the trial expires can I then purchase a license and unlock the already installed version, or do I have to uninstall the trial and then install the purchased version? I would rather not have to install a trial and then reinstall the real deal.

Thanks in advance

DS

2. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Yes exactly. You just overtype the old trial username and password with the one in the license and do an update.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

All trial versions are Full versions that come pre-coded with a trial User name\Password(UN\PW). Once the software is purchased, your UN\PW will be e-mailed to you. You then input your UN\PW in the appropriate area and you're good to go.

A walk thru the EAV 3.0 Tutorial would be very beneficial as it shows the installation steps\settings and proper placement of UN\PW.

4. dsver1

dsver1 Registered Member

great, thanks guys! Yeah, I already have Blackspear's thread on standby before, during and after installation.

One other question: Are there any good ESET products (or ESET approved products) that work like McAfee's Stinger (i.e. just a scanner/killer program)? I want to make sure my comp is clean before I install NOD32. I've run Spybot, Spywareblaster, AD-Aware, Trend Micro System scan and Stinger with no hits. Is there any other product I could use? I know Kaspersky has one, but I've heard that their stuff is hard to uninstall.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can try using ESET SysInspector and filter out most suspicious files. Of course, a file being suspicious does not mean that it's actually malicious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.