Question about Security Suite 3.0 beta

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by JimmyD, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric_259

eric_259 Registered Member

That is a good way to put it.. Too bad a more respectful company couldn't run ESET. Or at least ESET can actually hold their mouths shut until they are 100% sure they are ready to release it. I understand a month, I understand 1 false date, but its been a year, plus its the second time they have given us a false release date.. Enough is enough ESET, why don't you keep your mouths shut until the day it is out without saying a word, surprises are nice. I think it would be a lot better if we got "NOD32 3.0 would not be released until further notice" and not give us a release date, and then one random date "NOD32 3.0 is released." This is really bullcrap. I wouldn't be surprised if 2008 summer they release a date for it and it doesn't come out (again).

Also an addition I would like to add;

A lot of people spent money on new licenses thinking they should renew them for todays date, and this is how they treat us. What n8chavez said, they are screwing over us customers. For the people that DID spend money for todays date, and we got this, no 3.0, the least they should do is give the license free or give us our money back. (Unless they wanted to stick with 2.7 and needed to renew that.)

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

The thread will get locked with all these comments about Eset....the fact is that Eset is restless, and like to spin off all kinds of things without being sure that they can actually realize it. Eset has lied to their customers many times in this regard. I'm beginning to think that this is a marketing trick from Eset. By the controlled release of information about a new version, Eset can keep customers happy and enthusiastic about their product, hence leading to more sales, more renewals and preventing loss of consumer dissatisfaction.

I've seen more than enough of my share of sleazy marketing from Eset, especially in that thread about AntiVir's "crypt" detections. All I will say is that such tactics can backfire, and when they do, the results will be horrible. I suggest Eset to start thinking wisely and have foresight, before they do something that will alienate all their consumers and eventually lead to their downfall.

3. eric_259

Yes, the problem is NOD32 is just about best of the best, and if ESET does make us fall, we don't have a Anti-Virus as good as NOD32 :( I guess at this part we have to wait, kiss ESETs reer end, or possibly risk our protection and go lower.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I think they just did.:cool:

5. den_zip

den_zip Registered Member

In all this crap going on with ESET i see hairy and long Kaspersky hand.

Why do u all guys love Kasper so much??
    In midlle 90th this firm slit in 2 - those who were bright and smart founded drweb, as to the rest of others - they took another path, learnt how to make products look fancy and how to promote it. so it is true.

they used to work together and now both AV detects each other as viruses. and now for instance in russia drweb considered a better av than kasper although cost the same
    dont be fools keep kasper away from your machine...

6. eric_259

We are trying to keep Kaspersky away from our machine, but it seems like ESET and NOD32 wants us to go to Kaspersky with no update, or another false release date...

7. light50

light50 Registered Member

Kaspersky does its job well, it's not just good marketing but also a good product, saying dr web is good is one thing, but saying kaspersky is not is another. If kaspersky was as bad as you say it wouldn't be recommended so much in these forums.

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

This is why I think it was a mistake for them to have a possible release date. They should have kept silent like F-prot. :D

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

that ill do Pig, that ill do. Lets remember, the shoe can turn very quick in this area, so the time to move on, has arisen.

10. AshG

AshG Registered Member

That's the thing - I want to focus on "possible". The language on their own release page implies a definite date- 2 April, 2007. (Follow this, it's the last paragraph.).

Bah, I digress... My license doesn't run out until July, and if I have the urge to play with another vendor's AV product I'll just whip out VMWare and a backup image. I haven't seen the big red eye in almost a year anyway.

11. MNKid

MNKid Registered Member

What do you make of this?

When on eset.com, I would click "Download". On that page there used to be a link on the left called "Beta". It was there earlier today. But now it is gone.

When googling "Eset Beta", I can get this link:
    www.eset.com/download/beta.php

I know the beta page said "no current beta programs" or something to that effect this afternoon, but now it only says "ESET's Early Access Program"

Do you think something could still be happening?

I see the Europe beta page is still the same as it has been, with just the mobile edition listed.

Probably nothing. Maybe they simply removed the link to the beta page if folks are writing or calling in and complaining.

MNKid

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  12. bugsy_pal

bugsy_pal Registered Member

It's poor form to go announcing something for a set date via big press releases, and then not deliver, with no comment of feedback as to how long the delay will be, or why.

I can see there are many dissappointed folks here... I for one was almost ready to shell out for a NOD license (irrespective of beta suite coming out) having been impressed with the trial of NOD on my machine. However, cutomer service is not their strong suit, and I am having second thoughts...

13. Donald?

Donald? Registered Member

April 1 is The Fool's Day and now April 2 is The ESET Hoax's Day. :thumbd:

Wait guys, maybe next Cebit 2008 more v.3 screenshots. :D

14. X3ro

X3ro Registered Member

I thought sometimes here (in these forums) we can see comments fom the ESET' programmers or other their people? Why they can't simply tell us what is all about? :doubt:

PS. the "beta" page on www.eset.com dissapear ?!

15. blaine

blaine Registered Member

Exactly, its so sad to see such a great product from a company that has such poor customer service.

16. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

So is all we have is that it may be possibly a "few weeks" from the San Diego office?

17. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I can not see this at all, I think the support is outstanding, please explain how this is a support issue? It simply isn't, it is a new product release, in fact it isn't even that, it is a Public Beta release, to which someone should not have announced a release date, period; in doing so ESET backed themselves into a corner.

Blackspear.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  18. blaine

blaine Registered Member

Because it's like they don't care about us Blackspear. No-one bothered to tell us there was a delay. These forums could be used so greatly to inform us about new and exciting things. IIRC we didn't even find out about the April 2nd thing from anyone at Eset on Wilders. Instead, it was found on an Eset website. Again, we were not even informed about the beta I think. And, of course, we're not informed about the delay. :mad:

It looks like we'd get some exclusive info or something for being Eset enthusiasts. But, instead, we're treated less than the general public, when we could have such a close relationship to the company.

I am really not bothered about the delay, (but I'm really looking forward to 3.0) it's just the fact that we're left in the dark throughout most of this.

19. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I understand in regards to communication they need to pull up their socks and not keep this forum in the dark like mushrooms. I think ESET needs to arrive at the understanding that communication is a good thing, it makes for very happy customers, and I believe that over time they will appreciate and improve in this area... ;) :D

Cheers :D

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  20. dbrisendine

dbrisendine Registered Member

After following this for what has been months now, I would say they could not be much worse (communication wise).:thumbd:

21. Firecat

Honestly speaking, I think from now on, everytime Eset announces a date or an imminent release for a new beta or release version of NOD32, it should be regarded as a hoax. And all thread titles on such announcements should have the "Hoax disclaimer".

Really, Eset has to improve itself a lot, not just in communication, but in a lot of other things.

22. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Here we go........all the nervous screamers from yesterday are either sick in bed or start bashing Eset for not releasing the Beta on april 2. All wound up for nothing! Hope you all take an aspirine and relax now. Have fun waiting for a few days, hope everybody survives! It'll be hard, I know......:D

23. Firecat

The problem is not about the April 2 thing, but rather about the fact that Eset has done this several times, i.e. they announced an exact release date and did not deliver. Wouldn't it be better for everyone if they just said "expected to be released around April 2 period" instead of having a huge press release saying "To be released on April 2"? :)

24. ASpace

ASpace Guest

That's why I have said it numerous times - YOU users are very impatient people , what is wrong with the current version NOD32 2.7 ?! Nothing .

Yes , we are all impatient and want to try something even better than NOD32 (if possible :D ,of course) but we should be patient . You have to understand that we can't have BETA full of bugs or with something else completely rough and unsuitable for all people . There will be many people who will put the BETA version on the so-called productive machines and if it is unstable producing the blue screen of death or something else (which many other beta products of other vendores do!) , what will happen . Bad image and bad words against ESET .

I do believe ESET should not mention exact release date and share such details because everything can happen but you (people) can't wait enough , as long as it should be . You have to understand that ESET do not keep the BETA for themselves , they also want it published as early as possible . :thumb:

25. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I find it amazing to follow this thread and the abuse being heaped on Eset. You kind of get the idea that we have all paid hundreds of dollars already for the new software that is not being provided to us and now have to continue using an inefficient and outdated program incapable of protecting us o_O o_O o_O

I also find it interesting to see that quite a few of the posters being most upset have been infrequent posters at best and cannot quite help the feeling that someone else being a regular poster here suddenly has issues with Eset that may have nothing to do with the delay.

I for one don't care if the Beta is coming out a week earlier or later as long as my current version is doing its job. Let them finish the job and chill :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.