Question about Security Suite 3.0 beta

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by JimmyD, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MNKid

MNKid Registered Member

What now?

I don't mind waiting, as I would rather have them get it right. My concern, if a delay is in order, is the inaccuracy with Eset's own press release of 13 April 2007.

People have every right to be perturbed, so I see no reason to verbally scold those who are complaining. If you say you're going to do something, then do it! Otherwise, INFORM us of a change in plans.

Intergrity in terms of one's word is something that still matters to some of us. Eset would do well not to jerk their customers around. All I want is an updated release date or at least a general time frame.

MNKid

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  2. petersteiner

petersteiner Registered Member

Calm down guys. The program will be ready when it's ready. The old 2.7 still works, doesn't it? I for one am happy as a clam with the current version and want them to release v3 when they feel it's ok for public use. If it takes another 6 months, so be it.

"When will it be ready?" - "When it's ready."

3. eric_259

eric_259 Registered Member

That is true... But I want it NOW :p

Hehe.

4. eric_259

Yes it was a bad idea for me to have done that (reformat my computer). Now I am waiting for this antivirus, but while I am waiting for it my computer lays here unprotected.

5. eric_259

Yes, but it is not right to give us a release date and not release it on that date either. But as someone else said, it is still April 2nd, they didn't leave us a specific time so.. we may still have some time. The day DOES end at 12:00 (hmm or is it 11:59:99)

6. petersteiner

petersteiner Registered Member

True, April 2nd isn't over yet. But then it's no good sign that here isn't an official word from Eset.

Another program I actually cared about (TV software) was said to come out to the Cebit in a new version but the programmers didn't make it. Since the first day of the Cebit all programmers went into total hiding on their forum. Not one posting since then and no new version. Before that they were all very communicative and cared a lot about the users.

7. iMigs

iMigs Registered Member

That's the worst excuses I heard in years :blink:

Where talking here about beta software! Do you really thought you would be safe using beta software? Beta software is for testing not for general daily usage. Beta software can have flaws wich also mean that it can corrupt data, may contain security issues and/or bugs, etc.

If you want to beta test then you should have chosen another AV. Kaspersky does alot of beta testing lately so if youre eager to willing to put youre fresh installation to jeopardy then go over there.

8. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

I think everyone should start sharpening their pitchforks, y'know......just in case. :shifty:

9. eric_259

Yes, Kaspersky may be good, but NOD32 is even better now with their ThreatSense® engine. Also, Kaspersky will kill your CPU. When I did have Kaspersky my CPU was in the 95-100% but when I uninstalled it my CPU dropped down to the 0-10%. When I installed NOD32 I felt no difference from when I had no antivirus to NOD32. From what rumors are saying, Kaspersky is infected. I don't know if 3.0 is comming out today, but from what people were saying about 1 year ago, maybe more, lets start this war again, where the hell is 3.0 ESET? :'( :mad:

10. den_zip

den_zip Registered Member

Basically thats all betas are realesed for ... for "peeps" complains...

11. eric_259

If "peeps" didn't complain, then we would be screwed. We need these "peeps" to complain so we can fix problems.

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I am telling you folks, it aint going to happen today. We will have to wait. And that part doesnt bother me that much, because I do want it right. But if it we going to public beta today, beta remember, and it isnt ready, well it must be something substantial. But my biggest issue is ever since Cebit, most of us assumed April 2 was the day. And if just one Eset rep had come here today and just publically said it isnt quite ready and we are going to hold off a little longer to make sure it is right, well, lets just say, I could not have argued with their honesty. But to not even comment, well that is really impolite and a tad disrespectful, especially to your customers. Oh well, we will live to talk about the suite another day. I mean, how hard can it be to integrate Antihacker into a suite.:rolleyes:

13. iMigs

iMigs Registered Member

Lol! youre so funny :D

Did you even read what I was saying? Where talking here about a beta release wich also means "it could" have bugs like high cpu usage, corrupt data..etc etc.
    I feel sorry for you but you don't even deserve to be beta tester. If you don't know anything beta software and talking crap about infected Kaspersy versions you should wait for the final release of NOD32 3.0.

Oh and about the "complain peeps" thing:
    Beta's are ment for public release, so if Eset think it's not ready for a public release then it's not ready. If it contains serious flaws you wouldn't be happy testing it would you?

14. eric_259

Yeah. I think this is bad for ESET's reputation though. How many false release dates was there for 3.0. I believe this is the second major release date from about a year ago. But we can always keep in mind... April 2nd isn't over.

15. eric_259

Yes but if a Kaspersky LEGIT has high CPU rate.. Imagine a non-legit.. My computer would be at a 100% CPU rate. I have beta tested many NOD32's and none of them has even touched my computer with any fake installers and such.

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

This is why I thought it was a mistake for them to list a possible release date for the beta.

17. eric_259

Yes, they just make us hyper because they did such a good job on their new security, but when the day comes we are ripping our hair out in disgrace at ESET because the release date was wrong. I don't know but maybe most of us would be better off not knowing about 3.0 until they actually were 100% sure they were releasing it instead of making us wait about 2 years...

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Whats done is done. Hopefully they will learn something from it and be a better company. Lets just move on.

Last post on this subject.

19. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I have tested a lot of beta-software and IMHO, previous NOD betas have been very stable compared to other AVs I could mention.

However, as with all beta programs, better to test it only if you have an Image/Snapshot you can revert back to in case of any problems.

I am looking forward to trying out the new beta whenever it arrives. Most users would I believe prefer a stable beta so if the predicted release date is missed then we should not really complain. It's called Quality Control.

20. iMigs

iMigs Registered Member

Eset is known for their minor flaws in their beta software releases. So if their not releasing it today then it's not ready.

Offtopic:
    I am very curious to know wich version of kaspersky you had installed and for how long. Recent stable versions have no high cpu usage.

21. MNKid

MNKid Registered Member

Well said. I am disappointed, but life goes on.

22. eric_259

I guess I'm not the only one with a 90% CPU rate with KAV..

23. eric_259

Yes but if it is not ready, why do they lie and tell us it would be ready a year ago and do the same thing a year later. Now some people will think 2008 they will be saying the same thing and no one would care because they will say "its the same old bullcrap every year."

24. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Enough is enough. I've tried to sit back and do nothing, reading all this comments. I just started to twitch every time I read that "it's ready when it's ready" crap. This is a complete lack of respect for the customer on ESET's part...again! ESET can and and specifically said 4/2/2007 was the release date for the beta version of the v3 suite, did they not. That was the information given in a press release. Normally it would be acceptable for a company to miss a target date. But in this case it is not. We have been waiting for v3 for over a year; cebrit 2006. (oh how people forget) I even went out and bought a new licence. And this is how ESET treats it's customers. Yet another example of how they spit in our faces. If Marcos has been on why has he not said anything. ESET like to toy with people I guess. Again the lack of information in unacceptable. It might come out today, as it is still 4/2, but the fact that they have not squashed these rumors or released it so close to the end of the day says they do not care about their customers, which is what I've been saying for years. ESET=Bad NOD=Great. It's a shame one cannot exist without the other.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  25. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

Anyone remember the 'Vaporware of the Year' awards that came about shortly after computing started becoming popular?

V3 is the 2006/2007 top Candidate for the 'VaporWare of the Year' !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.