Question about on demand scanning and threat alerts

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Diokan, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diokan

Diokan Registered Member

Hello,

I recently downloaded the new NOD32 3.0.621 as I've finally had it with Norton. I'm currently in the 30 day trial period and so far, so good, but one question:

Before I went to bed last night I started an on demand scan. It found a file it thought was a trojan. However, the scan stopped and awaited my command before it continued. The result is that this morning (~8 hours later) the scan was only 30% done, and I had to click "Delete" so it could continue.

How do I make the scanner log its suspicions (maybe quarantine but not delete) and continue to scan so I can completely scan overnight? The Eset site had a faq that looked like it solved the problem ("Run NOD32 with minimal user intervention"), but the UI they showed is not like mine at all (maybe a previous version?).

Thanks-

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello and Welcome!

You have some options.

Option 1) Edit the on-demand scanner so that it automatically handles all the infected threats
    Open the GUI (user inteface) , press F5 so that you open Advanced Setup Tree , navigate to On-demand scanner options , press the Setup button and turn the slider to 2 Strict cleaning. This will automatically take actions but will only prompt if EAV has found something with its unique advanced heuristics.

079.gif

Option 2) Whenever you want to run a scan without cleaning and you take actions manually after the scan , use not "Standart scan" option but instead Custom scan

Check it use "In-depth scan" profile , you manually check what you want to scan , check "no cleaning" option and let it scan

117.gif

3. Diokan

Diokan Registered Member

Thanks. That's what I was looking for!

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.