Question about NOD32 AV only

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ReiKo, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReiKo

ReiKo Registered Member

Hello,

I have question regarding latest version of NOD32 antivirus (I'm currently not interested in Smart Security suite).

How safe is to install latest 4.0 beta and can I be confident on it securing my system even if it's beta? Is there any ETA when will it officially be out?

And one more question regarding downloading from NOD32.com:

I have valid username/password from my purchased NOD32 and I did type it in when I was downloading from here http://www.eset.com/download/registered_software.php

It updated correctly and etc. but now when I go to "Help - About" I dont see "Your license is valid unti : " anymore? Is that OK or I am missing something?

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

4.0 is just as safe as 3.0 if not safer, no ETA, never.

The 4.0 beta uses it's own free licensing, I'm not sure why you purchased a new license if you don't use 3.0 or below, unless you're getting it ready for 4.0 to be released.

3. ReiKo

ReiKo Registered Member

I did understand second answer, but I woud really like to know why I dont have "Your license is valid until : " in "about" menu in my 3.0.684 NOD32?

I dont know if I will transfer to 4.0 , will see , currently I'm satasfied with 3.0

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

the beta does not use your license information - it has it's expiration coded into the program itself.

5. ReiKo

ReiKo Registered Member

But currently I dont use beta, as I said I use 3.0.684.

Is expiration coded into that version too? If yes, what was the purpose...now I cant see when my program expires.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If you recently installed NOD32, it will take some hours to get your license in the database.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  7. frapper

frapper Registered Member

Is the latest English version of NOD32 for home 3.0.669? I keep seeing higher versions but this seems to be the latest to download as a trial from ESET.

Thanks.

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

9. frapper

frapper Registered Member

Thanks Ron. That page shows 3.0.672 for SS only (the combo). But 3.0.669 for the AV only. [?]

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Oops! You're right. :D Pardon my slip. Version 3.0.669 would appear to be the highest trial version available.

If you are set up to do so, you may want to try the beta version 4.0.68. Although it is a beta, it is stable and fast on my computer.

11. ReiKo

ReiKo Registered Member

Hm, why do you say 3.0.672 is latest when I have 3.0.684 ? Isn't that latest of 3.0 versions?

btw. 2nd day I still dont get "Your license expires : " in about windows :/

thx.

12. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

The latest trial version is behind the latest full version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.