Question about lite version

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Nick, Jun 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Registered Member

I noticed there is a lite version of LooknStop avalable, but I haven't seen any info as to what the difference between it and the regular version is. I searched around the LnS site and here, but didn't find anything. What does the regular version do that the lite version doesn't?

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey Nick

Look 'n' Stop Lite is a Free version that only provides Packet Filtering Layer (Internet Filtering), there is no Application Filtering Layer in the lite version... ;)

3. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Is it possible to attain full stealth with the "Lite" version
    When ever I tried it It was partally stealthed and partially closed ports . It would be great to have a advanced rule like the pro version that one could load up and attain full stealth . ( Lazy mans guide to enlghtenment and stealth for those like myself who are incapable of fathoming out rules lol ) :)

4. Phant0m

I never had used Look ‘n’ Stop Lite but does it still use StandardRulesSet.rls rule-set or EnhancedRulesSet.rls rule-set?
    If EnhancedRulesSet.rls rule-set is not used pre-installation you might want to consider using it, the EnhancedRulesSet.rls provides a rule with “TCP – Blocking Incoming Connections” capabilities which blocks All remotely generated TCP SYN Flags. Thus will give you “BLOCK” & “STEALTH” readings on different online websites, though I highly recommend Enabling “TCP SPI” in Options screen and in “Advanced Options…” if exists in the Lite version… ;)

5. solarpowered candle

thanks phantom. It only uses StandardRulesSet.rls rule-set. But it would be great if it was available for the lite.

6. Phant0m

http://looknstop.soft4ever.com/Rules/BloqueConnexionsTCPEntrantes.rie

The Importable rule you can get separately also, for Look 'n' Stop Lite and PRO...

7. solarpowered candle

thank you for that . thats really cool . I think its a nice little free firewall that gives a basic protection to recommend to others till they may choose to buy the pro .

8. Phant0m

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.