Question about license.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dannyeluciane, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyeluciane

dannyeluciane Registered Member

Hello.

I been trying different antivirus software for the last couple of months. I tried NOD32 and like it. It is a very good program.

Today I bought the 3 license package from the Brazilian ESET website. I received my user name and password. Do I use the one user name and password for all three licenses or will I be receiving a user name and password for each license? Also, does my user name and password work for the English version of NOD32?

Thank you.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    please use the username/password provided on all 3 machines. It's a multilicense that covers as many computers as you have purchased the license for.

3. dannyeluciane

dannyeluciane Registered Member

Marcos,

Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it.

4. garyoa1

garyoa1 Registered Member

So what exactly do you do if you have a HD crash and have to replace it? There's no way I can see to use a valid license on a machine with a fresh install and no way to let anyone know that a machine is dead. You just throw away that fee and buy more?

5. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

No just reuse the same user name and password. The username and password isn't necessarily locked to a particular machine but i suspect ESET can tell when a license is used on more PCs that it should.

I've been able to migrate licenses from one PC or hard drive to another after hardware failures... As long as you stop using it on one PC / hard drive and still only continue to use it for the number of PCs you have a license for there is no problem.

Even AV such as Norton that do have an Activation process and lock the license to a machine will allow you to be able to replace a dead Hard Drive without telling / asking anyone... Motherbaord / CPU / New PC would be different....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.