Question about Jetico rules

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by cthorpe, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cthorpe

cthorpe Registered Member

Using Jetico 1

I want to create a section under Application Table that is like the System section so I can better manage my rules. What I want to do is have a section called Approved that I can move rules to that I want to keep and have the Ask Table only be used for new rules as needed. That way, I can easily find the rules that I want to delete if I uninstall a program or just decide that something no longer needs access. If I just create an Approved table and drag existing rules to it, they don't get access, and if I tell Jetico to handle a request as the Approved group, it moves the table beneath the Ask User table and still lists it in Ask User with a "Jump To."

Any ideas, or am I not being clear on what I want to do?

C

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi cthorpe,
    First you would need to create your table (as with the system applications), place all the rules for these applications within that table, you then need to place a jump in the "system application" table before the jump to the "ask user"

I hope the pic explains better than the description:

Attached Files:

3. cthorpe

cthorpe Registered Member

That did it. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.