Question about installing NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mowergun, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mowergun

mowergun Registered Member

Hi,

Tomorrow I intend to install NOD32 on a relative's WIN98se computer. I will be buying a one year single user license. My question is must I download the nod32en9x,exe installer again, or can I use the installer that I have from when I bought a NOD32 license for my computer in December 2005 and then use the newly purchased license username and password to activate it?

We are on slow dial-up connections, so I was hoping that I wouldn't have to download the installer again.

2. ugly

ugly Registered Member

You can use your old installer . Just put the right username and pass.

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

It's actually better to download a new installer, that way NOD32 won't have to download a huge signature database. You'll also install the newest version right away and not by download.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The first update is always large so if the installer you have is version 2.50.41 or newer, there's no need to download it from our website.

5. mowergun

mowergun Registered Member

Thanks Marcos, my version is 2.50.44, so I take it I can avoid another lengthy download. It's my wife's uncle's computer and he has NAV2003. The renewal is up to $30. He has an old Dell 500mhz PIII computer and I like NOD32 so much that I figure I can improve his protection while at the same time relieving some of the load on his system to improve performance by switching him to NOD32.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.