Question about imaging and Eaz-fix

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Hugger, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

I was reading some of the posts from last December about some sort of problems someone was having with Eaz-fix and imaging.
    I already have a license for Shadowprotect and would like to know if SP works well with Eaz-fix.
    Also, I read a warning about not testing too man kernel security software programs because that would apparently cause a problem with EF.
    Is this still true or has it been taken care of?
    Thanks.
    Hugger

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

The only slight problem with imaging a system with eaz-fiz is a normal backup won't image all the snapshots, just the snapshot you are currently in. If you want to image all snapshots you have to perform a sector by sector backup which is slower and the backup file size is larger.
    You shouldn't have any trouble with testing any security software, i do it all the time.

3. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

The big problem is that the cd is linux based will give an error on some specific system configurations. (mine and Pete's for example)
    Neither the normal nor the alternate isos work on my system. :mad:

The problem is still there. In case you get a conflict between RB/EF drivers and the drivers with a hardware or a software product you can say goodby to all your snapshots.

An advise: never,ever and I mean ever, save important data on your RB/EF protected partitions.

Panagiotis

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

With SHadow Protect linux isn't a problem. Just you have all the other issues people describe.

Pete

5. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

LOL :cautious:

6. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Thanks for all your answers.
    When I look at the cost of EF and the negatives to it, I can't help but think that System Restore is adequate for my occasional needs, especially because it's free.
    And a good file/folder backup like Genie Backup Manager would fit well with SP.
    Hugger

7. raakii

raakii Registered Member

use rollback if u are testing a lot and daily taking snapshots of ur system else please dont use it.

Not necessary actually if u have a good lite virtualization product and a disk imaging program.

data saved in rb protected partition can never be recovered using recovery disk and cannot be recovered other non rb protected partition since they see only the baseline, so be very careful.

8. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

I already have Shadowprotect and am still trying to decide on Shadow Defender or Returnil.
    Both have advantages.
    Genie Backup Manager comes in 2 flavors.
    Pro and Home.
    The main difference seems to be that Pro has Disaster Recovery.
    Am I correct in believing that I don't need to pay for that option since I already have SP?
    Hugger

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Seriously? Go with EAZ-FIX and a good AV and enjoy the rest of your life. Great combination and will protect you all you need.:thumb:

10. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

For telling the trouth it can be recovered with raw recovering technics. But it is very difficult and time consuming.

Horizon provides a tool for recovery (you have to ask for it). But the problem is that in case of a conflict if a program writes some data at the RB/EZ protected space it will be of no use...

Panagiotis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.