Question about IE Security...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dja2k, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I know I don't really use IE very much, but sometimes it is necessary to have it as lockdown as possible. With that in mind, I have IE-Spyad, Spybot Immunized, Spyware Blaster All Active + Enough Is Enough All Active + Custom List Active(http://koti.mbnet.fi/pattaya1/swb3.htm).

My question is if I use Enough Is Enough to lockdown IE, all other BHO's are useless right since they don't even run, like the Spybot BHO for the immunized fuction and the ActiveX blocked items in Spyware Blaster since Enough is Enough blocks ActiveX from even running. So if I manually re-enable third party extensions to use the SpyBot BHO extension plus all others that I know are safe, will that help to protect me when I add a site to the Trusted List even though I might not be too sure its safe, but might need to add it to the Trusted list to run correctly. Am I in the right track here or not? Should I just remove Enough is Enough and use just IE-Spyad+Spybot+SpywareBlaster?

dja2k

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

1) Before making comments concerning Enough is Enough I'd like to ask do you always keep your Restricted Zone to the default setting of High and what is your Internet Zone almost always set at ?

2) In regards to Spybot\SpywareBlaster....as long as you are aware that their respective databases pretty much mirror each other and that anytime you remove protection from one you are removing the others mirrored protection....you are fine keeping both of those for layered protection IMHO.

Having said that I'll speak out of the other side of my mouth. If you do not use IE much at all....place your Internet Zone setting on High and forget about all of the above.

If this thread moves forward to what Enough is Enough is protecting you should have the key to why one can securely surf with IE without any of the above add ons needed.

To clarify....I am a firm believer in layered protection where needed.

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Thanks Bubba for the info. My internet zone was set to medium and have set it to high now.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.