Question about Firefox

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Shae, Dec 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shae

Shae Registered Member

Okays. I downloaded Firefox 1.0 and I thought I would see how my personal website looked in it. Well, everything was fine, except my Mousetrail won't work. It just shows up as text on the page. Here's a copy of the code the thing gets stuck on

}

function handlerMM(e){
    x = (document.layers) ? e.pageX : document.body.scrollLeft+event.clientX
    y = (document.layers) ? e.pageY : document.body.scrollTop+event.clientY
    flag=1
    }

(By the way, I got if from Dynamic Drive, so it was a freebie)

Anyway, I was wondering if there is some way I can comment it out for Firefox so it will ignore it, seeing that it won't work in that particular browser.

It works fine in IE 5+

Thanks. o_O

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Shae

Shae Registered Member

Okay. I discovered I couldn't very well comment the code out;and I couldn't seem to come up with a function that would determine if the browser was IE or Firefox and thus call the code that runs the script for the mouse trail if the browser was IE or to simply display a message stating, "Sorry, my mouse trail doesn't work in Firefox" if the browser were Firefox. (Ended up having to make a note about that at the end of the home page.) I did look at the link ronjor mentioned, I couldn't really find anything that particularly addressed what was happening. Still, thanks for the input. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.