Question about Firefox 1.0

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Xaq, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaq

Xaq Registered Member

My House, it's on that street with the thing
    I know this is a VERY stupid question, but Im very uneasy when it comes to installing/updating software, and wanted to know if I needed to install my previous version of Firefox (I think its 0.8 ) before installing 1.0. I know its a stupid question but wasnt sure if it needed done. Thanks for all help. Xaq

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

The way I have always done it is by deleting the firefox folder in program files and then install the new version. You will retain all of your settings and skins and bookmarks

bigc

3. firefoxguy

firefoxguy Guest

The key is to keep your profile , don't delete that!!

4. Xaq

Xaq Registered Member

OK, I deleted the folder in program files and kept my profile folder. I installed 1.0, but 0.9 still shows up in add/remove programs. Should I try to remove 0.9 or will it not cuase any problems. All help appreciated.
    Xaq

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Xaq

In my case, I removed everything from the add/remove programs concerning Firefox and started over. It takes so little time to rebuild Firefox with the extensions and themes now.
    I did create a folder in my documents for my bookmarks and exported them to the folder before removing Firefox.
    After uninstalling Firefox from the add/remove programs, I deleted the Mozilla folder in documents and settings and installed Version one.

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

When I deleted the program files folder for firefox and then reinstalled the newer version 1.0 This is what I have in add/remove only the one instance of firefox.

Attached Files:

7. Xaq

Xaq Registered Member

alright, I opened the registry and deleted keys concerning firefox 0.9 and left the 1.0 ones, and everything seems to b ok from here. Thanks everyone for the help.
    Xaq

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.