Question about ending NOD32 from running

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by GuardianofNight, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuardianofNight

GuardianofNight Registered Member

Hi everyone, I was just curious if there is anyway by NOT using a 3rd party program for NOD32 to NOT be able to be ended by doing ctrl+alt+del and ending the proccesses one at a time. I set a password to protect my settings within NOD32 but now I am worried because I seen that its very easy to end NOD32 in the Windows Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del).

Thank you so much, and I hope someone can help me :)

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

There is a thread here on Nod32 running as a Service, and as such it is extremely difficult to kill.

Using a third party program such as Process Guard 3 should in fact make it virtually impossible to kill.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. GuardianofNight

GuardianofNight Registered Member

Thanks for the reply Blackspear :), so is this process OK to do if I just want to prevent NOD32 from being stopped by Windows Task Manager but still have NOD32 startup like normal and run like normal?

start
    run
    "msconfig"
    services
    disable NOD32 Kernel Service

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Simple answer - no. If I understand your question, this basically pre-emptively accomplishes what you want to avoid.

If you want to protect NOD32 in the way I think you do, the straightforward approach is to use one of those 3rd party protective measures. That is the best strategy and it can be a free program. Some of those of perfectly adequate for what you wish to do.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.