Question about BoClean

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by woobook, May 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b00sfuk

b00sfuk Registered Member

That is another advantage of todays dual-core CPUs. Your security software can happily consume CPU cycles and not affect what you are doing at all. I use BoClean and its mementary (every 10 seconds) CPU blip (was 1-5% on a single core for me depending on how many apps were loaded in memory) has no effect at all on what I'm doing - even playing games.
    Great product and saved my skin a few times over the years.

2. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

The disadvantage of dual core processors (Intel's at least) is that the you now have hardware DRM installed. The smart user will avoid dual core processors and if they need a computer soon will buy a Pentium 4 before they disappear. We are at the beginning of a war involving freedom, liberty and privacy and I sure would never put myself in Microsoft's hands as anyone with a PentiumD has done. I made sure that I got a Pentium 4, 3.8Ghz processor and no PentiumD. It took a lot of time and effort to get Dell to comply with that simple request but I am safe for the time being and XP will be my final Microsoft OS.

3. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

It has not been implemented with the current dual core and at this point they have no plans to activate it in Conroe. It will be present though.

4. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

I thought that hardware DRM required a TPM (Trusted Platform Module) chip plus OS support? (i.e. Vista).

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Well, I guess you forgot that it called home to Intel the first time you started that PentiumD computer. :( It is ready to go if you load Vista. Even with XP if you load SP3 when Microsoft releases it next year then it will be active. Never underestimate Microsoft and their partners.

6. skbaltimore

skbaltimore Registered Member

Does it apply to AMD X2 CPU's as well?

7. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Didn't call home here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.