Question about Advanced heuristics

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Geraner, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geraner

Geraner Registered Member

Hi,

In the default settings, the "Advanced heuristics" is not activated for the Real-time system protection.
    When activating the "Advanced heuristics" a message comes up that tells me:
    Enabling Advanced heuristics may have an adverse effect on your computer performance. Are you sure you want to enable Advanced heuristcs?

How much adverse effect does the "Advanced heuristics" have on the computer performance?
    For which situations is this function recommended to enable, because it's not enabled by default.

/Geraner

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It depends on the files you use. With common files you shouldn't see big differences in performance.

3. Geraner

Thanks for your answer.

If Advanced heuristics is not activated by default, for which situations or environments do you then recommend to enable the "Advanced heuristics"?

When should "Advanced heuristics" be enabled for Real-time system protection?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Advanced heuristics is actually enabled for newly created or modified files by default. You can enable it on file access as well (in the ThreatSense engine setup) and see how big impact it has on performance in your environment.

5. Geraner

Thanks Marcos.

I have tried to enable the Advanced heuristics on one of my computer. But the system start after login in Windows took very long time. So I disabled the advanced heuristics for realtime protection again.

Will continue with default settings with additional "Potentially unwanted applications" enabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.