Question about 2 Duo Processor

Discussion in 'hardware' started by RSpanky, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSpanky

RSpanky Registered Member

I have a Toshiba Satellite A305- S6905
    3GB SDRAM, 320GB HDD Laptop.
    Before i start Goggling for my answer I thought that I would start here. First off I have misplaced my manual for the laptop. So here's my question Does the 2 Duo Processor mean that, say I could have Windows on one processor and say Linux on the other processor? Or am completely off base here about what I think the 2 Duo Processor means. Thanks RSpanky

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  2. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

RSpanky, first, here's your A305-S6905 Manual (click on the User's Guide tab to download the PDF).

Here's a little background on the Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor and as far as I know, you can't run independent Operating Systems via one core or the other. Any OS would use both cores for faster performance.

3. RSpanky

RSpanky Registered Member

JRViejo, Thanks for the manual download. And for the heads up about the meaning of 2 Duo Processor. Man some of the members will have a field day with this question haha. JRViejo Thanks again for your help and for not making me feel like a idoit. RSpanky

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

RSpanky, you're welcome! In my book, there's never a stupid question just an opportunity to learn. Glad I could help. Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.