Quarantined Trojan?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by brittanynicole, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brittanynicole

brittanynicole Registered Member

My anti-virus software is McAfee, and there was an alert that there was a Trojan that was quarantined. I don't know where it is so I can't delete it. How do I delete it from my computer?

2. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

It has been quarantined, so you must go into McAfee's quarantine and delete it from there.

3. brittanynicole

brittanynicole Registered Member

I know that, but I don't know how to get to McAfee's quarantine in order to delete it. When the alert came up, there was nothing to click to bring me to the quarantined Trojan or anything. It just popped up and closed a few seconds later.

4. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Well there must be a way to access the quarantine through the program's main GUI

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

you might try clicking the advanced tab and then either quarantine if visible or tools to get quarantine up. From there you can delete the trojan. It depends on the version of McAfee you are useing that dictates the way to access the quarantine function. But it is there.

6. nasdaqms

nasdaqms Registered Member

try to know more about the main gui of mcafee and familar with the advaced function..

7. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Don't panic.
    It's in quarantine. It ain't going anywhere.
    Why the rush to delete it?
    As stated, take the time to go methodically through the programs' options. Don't be in a rush to change anything.
    When you find the trojan in quarantine, copy the file name, and do a Google search on it. It may be for real (in which further scanning/checking is advisable) or it may be a FP.
    If it is real, and has been adequately quarantined, it's possible there may be more than one entry, including different origin folders, and reg. entries.

Deleting these things prematurely can make programs not work correctly, so they need reinstalling, in a mild (FP) case. In a serious case, it can make further investigation and cleanup more difficult.

8. hex_614

hex_614 Registered Member

before deleting the quarantined item, submit it first to mc affe for analysis, it could be false positive. be careful /

9. Flava

Flava Registered Member

i have often viruses on quarantine but i just copy them all and click on: Delete.
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.