quarantine ?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ryker1, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryker1

ryker1 Registered Member

this is on xp-pro i am evaluating the lastest eset nod av for 30 days--downloaded couple days ago.. my ? is about the quarantine.

i have had on my comp. for years the eicar.com test virus file to test every av. program i have used.

if i do a custom comp. scan with eset--of this file--it picks up the test virus and quarantines it as it should.

if i go to "bobs documents" where I have the file located, take the mouse and right click the file, select scan with eset, (naturally eset put the line in the menu options)--eset picks it up as a virus but does not quaratine it. just shows that it is.

is there a way to get eset to quarantine this test file or say any file scanned by the right click selection if it picks it up as bad.

thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Most likely you chose "Scan with ESET NOD32 Antivirus" instead of "Advanced options -> Clean files" which activates cleaning. The context menu options can be customized in the main EAV setup.

3. ryker1

ryker1 Registered Member

thanks--that did what I wanted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.