Quality VPN that allows static IP/no DHCP needed

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by luciddream, Nov 8, 2015.

1. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Basically I don't want to have to allow DHCP, or svchost any connectivity to have my VPN function. I want to be able to continue to set up my network manually and keep svchost activity blocked, while still enjoying a trustworthy VPN choice. Is there one out there?

Better yet... is there a way to get one of the ones I already covet (i.e. Mullvad/iVPN) to function in this manner that I'm not aware of. I can only seem to get them to work if I allow this functionality that I'd rather not.

2. marzametal

marzametal Registered Member

What a question!... I too am interested in such a setup. however I doubt Windows will accommodate for svchost bypassing. I don't think it was set up that way. I run W7, but have a legit WXP disc here, waiting for topics such as this one to be handled before I bother with it...

3. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Yeah, I'm talking about on an XP setup here, obviously, since without svchost you can't get internet connectivity period on Windows versions since XP.

I fear we won't be hearing back because there is no good answer to this question.

If this were remedied along with more quality providers accepting cash money, and/or the ability to use Visa Gift Cards the world (of computer privacy) would be a better place.

4. marzametal

marzametal Registered Member

It was a dream worth visiting... oh well.