QT4-FSarchiver: Nice feature, it backs up the drive while your using it.

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by apathy, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apathy

apathy Registered Member

As for regular file backups I use Spideroak and Crashplan w/300 bit password. Something bad could happen per-say like the other day when Manjaro didn't appreciate me trying to install ati drivers and broke.

Before I do something drastic or potentially screw my install I use Image for Linux. It's a pain in the rear to reboot and backup your partitions. QT4-FSarchiver has a live mode that allows you to backup your partitions while they are mounted. Afterwards you can see if there was any errors in your backup. For sure I will rigorously test this as I've gotten used to I4L being rock solid. If your not lazy like me, you can download a live cd and use it safely. You could install it on any linux live cd fairly easily.

Here's some info on QT4-FSarchiver:

2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Do you have normal partitioning or LVM?

http://www.fsarchiver.org/Main_Page

Panagiotis

3. apathy

apathy Registered Member

I use normal partitioning, and I've tested this program and restored the backups. It works great and really easy to use. Restoring your backups is as easy as backing them up which takes a couple of clicks. I should make a linux live cd with QT4-Fsarchiver and Boot Repair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.