Q re free 1 yr Anti Virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Albinoni, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Do you know which companies offer free 1 yr antivirus or where can I download them from. I recall there was a link on this forum re this. I know eTrust offer a free 1 yr trial.

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

3. Albinoni

Now this does not sound right. I just applied and downloaded the free 1 yr eTrust EZ AV from the site. Also they sent me a serial key to use in which I did.

Well anyhow while installing the software, I was told that my license had expired 352 days ago.

Sorry something not right.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Thats weird. Is your clock correct? Anyway i think you should contact Computer Assiociates and ask them why this happened. Mine worked fine...

5. Albinoni

Yes my clock is correct. I'm just wondering if this offer is not on anymore, but if MS are still advertising it than it should still be available.

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

No, it's still on, because i registered one EZ Antivirus 7 copy on same page not long ago. And it worked just fine. I'm sure guys at CA will help you.

7. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

You need to contact them and they should give you another key that is up to date.

8. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

Perhaps you have downloaded this offer before with the same email address and they won't allow you a second run.
    Try again with another email address and you'll probably be ok.

Good luck! ;)

Putin

9. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Our neighbors downloaded the etrust EZ offer yesterday and everything works fine for them.

10. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

No, thats not the case because you can't even register with already used email in the first place. He got serial but it doesn't work...

11. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Are you sure it says that the key Expired 352 days ago or does it have 352 days left? I know when they offered Pest Patrol for free, the key expiration countdown started the day they made it available for free d/l. They probably did the same with their AV.

12. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Checked with our neighbors just out of curiosity. They tell me their Etrust EZ is set to expire on 11/21/2006, so it's a full year from when they downloaded it. I think Albinoni just got a bad license number and should contact them and explain the problem.

13. Albinoni

I've double checked everything and it has most definately expired. I get warned that I need to buy a new license key to renew the product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.