Q for the Firefox Experts...

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by JemW, Aug 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JemW

JemW Registered Member

Hi Folks,

Just started using Firefox 0.9.3. No probs using SB with it except...here we go...dappy question time (probabaly!)...

It seems there is only cookie blocking for FF - is this the case or am I missing something? If so, why....

Oh, by the way...what is so special about FF anyway? I can see...yes, it's a browser...bit slower than IE6...so, what's the deal...serious question, feel free to educate me (technical is fine)...

Thanks in advance... :) JemW

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Jem...

First, it is supposedly more secure than IE.

IE does have some holes which cannot be plugged so far [with XP's SP2 coming out it is supposed to be much better] and Firefox/Mozilla/Opera are recognised as the more secure browser.

Personally I use IE as well with no hesitation, just depends where you visit.

cookies:... Well I've set mine to 'Ask' and that way I either Allow/Allow For Session/Deny....

There are 2 sections for Cookies... see pics, will post second pic next post.

This pic shows the 'Exceptions'.... See the blocked sites put in my SWB and see the Allowed ones I 'let' in.

TAS

Attached Files:

3. Tassie_Devils

This pic shows the cookies currently stored on the system....

In the exceptions shot above... whatever is marked "Block", those sites will stay blocked, whatever is marked "Allow" those sites will be let thru. Understand.

I hope I made it clear enough.

HTH, TAS

Attached Files:

4. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

5. Tassie_Devils

Now this shows what you get by setting to 'Ask'

See the checked box, whatever I do with that certain cookie, it will remember next time I go to the site and won't ask again.

To change that, if you allowed the cookie and want the option to 'Ask' again so you may want to block it, you go to the cookies section, find it and delete it from the Stored Cookies window and if you wanted it blocked then for future, first check that box you see in the second screenshot, it will remember from there... or go to the site, get the prompt and then do what you want.

TAS

Attached Files:

6. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

Much of the adware that spywareblaster blocks is installed through ActiveX, which is an inherent feature in IE, and NOT in Mozilla or Firefox. Therefore it is not necessary to have that kind of protection for Mozilla or Firefox.

7. JemW

JemW Registered Member

Thanks, guys, for your helpful responses.

I didn't realise about Active X, and now I've been using Firefox for a couple of days, I think I'm already a convert...

Jem :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.