PW or username won't work

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jswintx, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jswintx

jswintx Registered Member

In the past few days I finally upgraded from Version 1 to Version 2. In so doing I inadvertantly installed the Version 2 to a different drive than the original. I started getting an error so I uninstalled the whole thing, deleted the original, folders off the original Version 1 install and reinstalled on the drive I installed the Version 2 before uninstall.

The installation seemed to go just fine. However, after entering my registered username and password and attempting to update the virus definition file I keep getting an error message now from any update site that the PW or user name are incorrect. These are the same ones I had on the versions I uninstalled. I have mailed an inquiry to the USA support, but have heard nothing back. Are the username and password that I was issued when I renewed my subscription no longer good?

Thanks for any assistance.

JSW

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Try a copy and paste, rather than manually typing in your Username and Password, into the Control Centre, Update, Setup - the UN and PW must me placed in precisely, it is case sensitive. 0 (zero) is quite often mistaken for the lowercase letter o

Your UN and PW are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.

Occasionally a UN and PW go belly up. If the above does not work, contact the reseller that you purchased from, failing that email Paul with as many details as possible of your purchase and he should be able to sort it out.

Cheers :D

3. jswintx

jswintx Registered Member

Blackspear,

OK, I finally got it going. Thanks so much for your assistance.

JSW

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

My pleasure, take a look around Nod, explore it, tweek it up, such as Deep Heuristics, Scan all Files, found in Amon, Imon and Run Nod32 etc etc... And if you are not sure, ask questions and as many as you like, it never hurts to ask :D

Have fun exploring Nod...the journey has just begun :D

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.