Pushing Product Version Updates

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by de Silentio, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. de Silentio

de Silentio Registered Member

We use the ERA to administer the 1300 computers in my organization. All of my clients currently are running Nod32 Product Version 4.2.58.3.

Does the ERA push down Product Version updates the same way it does virus signature databases, or do I have to do an Install on all of my clients?

Thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What problems are the clients having and are addressed in the latest build that you need to upgrade them to the latest build immediately?

3. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Aside from Marcos' question, if you really do want to upgrade the clients you just right-click in ERAC > Remote Install> Upgrade Client. That's it.

Jim

4. de Silentio

de Silentio Registered Member

My clients are having serious problems with Vista SP2 Windows Updates. I don't know if the Product Version Updgrade will fix the issue, but I was wondering how product version updates are handled because I didn't know. [Post Edit: Upgrading from v 4.2.58.3 to 4.2.61.12 does solve my Windows Update BSOD problem]

We just purchased the Eset product this summer and I am still learning about it.

With the Remote Install upgrade, do the clients have to be turned on or will it update the next time the client is turned on?

Thanks for the prompt responses.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Given that you have version. 4.2.58 clients installed which already suports the upgrade method for installing newer versions, that would be the best way to go.

6. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Marcos, was this feature listed in a changelog? I did a remote upgrade of a client the other day (and I mean remote - he was in a hotel room on wifi, no VPN) and I was amazed it worked. We went from 4.2.35 to 4.2.58 and it was pushed via ERAC/ERAS. I tried the same on a 4.0.474 client and it didn't work. Yet I don't see it in the http://www.eset.com/version-log/smart-security-nod32-antivirus]changelog. Can you confirm when this excellent feature was brought in?

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.