push license from RA 4x to eset antivirus 4

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by neca, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neca

neca Registered Member

hi all

i wonder if you could help me, we have 250 pc that are connected to an RA, is there a way we can send the new username and password to the pcs out there? I am reading somewhere about creating a policy that will send out the new username and password, is that feasible? i do not want to send out a new installation package by the way.

thank you in advance for all your help.

p.s: i have the .lic file

2. karlisi

karlisi Registered Member

Import the new licence file in RA server Licence manager, then edit applicable policies using RA console Policy manager. Username and password are under Update module -> Profile -> Setup

3. neca

neca Registered Member

Hi

thank you for the reply and help i can not find the "Update module -> Profile -> Setup" bit

I have attached a screenshot of what i can seehttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/40088556/PolicyManager.jpg

thank you

4. karlisi

karlisi Registered Member

You have one policy, called Server policy. Select it, then click on Edit. It will open ESET Configuration Editor where you can edit your policy settings.

It would be good to read ERAS user guide first. And backup your current policy before editing :)

5. neca

neca Registered Member

thank you for the reply i was about to post and say that i found the thing, it was right in front of me :). thank you for all your help

it worked a treat and it saved me loads of travel

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Are they mobile clients that they don't update from a central mirror?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.