push Installation from RA 3.0.105 - am I doing something stupid?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by jimwillsher, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Scenario: I want to push-install a new version to 50 clients.

What I do is highlight all the clients, right-click and say "Push install". A dialogue is displayed, I choose my package, and I choose to Install. On the first client I get rejected and prompted for credentials (domain admin). The installation proceeds.

one....by one........by one........by one........by one........by one....

EVER so slowly. Also, it's a modal dialog box, so I can't do anything else in ERA until all 50 are done - and that can take a whole day.

However....for all the clients that failed (not switched on etc.), they all show up in the list of unsuccessful installs. I can right-click them all and choose Retry, and the retry happens in the background, multi-threaded, and not using any modal dialog boxes.

So, how can I push-install to 50 clients, multi-threaded, and without a modal dialog box? What am I doing wrong please?

Many thanks,

Jim

2. rpremuz

rpremuz Registered Member

Hi, jimwillsher!

I also don't like the sequential process during the push install on many computers.

I don't have an exact answer to your question but I've noticed that you can start another instance of the ESET Remote Administrator Console on the same PC. That way you can observe the installation process during a long push install or do other tasks in ERAC.

-- rpr.

3. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Ah ok, never thought of that. It does seem an oversight though.

Many thanks for the idea!

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.