Push Install

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by gpg1, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gpg1

gpg1 Registered Member

Hi,

I'm trying to push installations to xp sp2 machines. I created a domain account with admin rights to do the installs. During the installation process (on the client), "the software has not passed the windows logo...." box pops up. I changed group policy to (allow) unsigned drives and I also made sure that "ignore" was set in driver signing options. Also, win firewall is off. What am I missing? Thanks.

2. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

Hi and welcome to Wilders :). You can find push install and related topics here.

thanatos

3. gpg1

gpg1 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply TT. I did read all everything I could find on push installs (and everything else in the manual). Before installing I did a diagnostics.
    All was successfull except 1

Get Info Diagnostics, server: Nod, user: gg
    Setting IPC$ Connection Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Connecting (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Opening (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Reading (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Connecting (ESET Security Product Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Opening (ESET Security Product Info) Result Code: 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.)
    Remote Install Diagnostics, server: Nod, user: gg
    Setting ADMIN$ Connection Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Copying ESET Installer Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Setting IPC$ Connection Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Registering ESET Installer as a Service Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)

I remote registry is running on the client machine. What is this error code trying to tell me?

Thanks

4. mayt

mayt Eset Staff Account

Hello,

you should be able to push install although displayed error.

5. gpg1

gpg1 Registered Member

When I do push the install, the unsigned driver box keeps popping up on the client. If I keep clicking 'continue' it will install and everything will work fine.

6. techie007

techie007 Registered Member

I've seen a few XP machines over the years start thinking that EVERY driver is unsigned. You can test this theory by plugging in a standard USB mouse that's never been used on that system, if it tells you the USB Mouse driver (by Microsoft, built into XP) is Unsigned then it's something wrong with that install of XP.

Unfortunately I don't remember the fix off hand, but it's out there in Google-land I'm sure. :)

7. gpg1

gpg1 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply techie. I tried your suggestion and the mouse installed with no problems. I have been working with eset customer care. It's a slow process because I respond to a question they ask and it takes about a week before they respond back. they are trying to go down the "particular machine" route but i am explaining that this is also happening on 2003 server. So far I installed roughly 40 machines (both xp and 2003 server). Same issue.

8. techie007

Oh, you had originally stated "All was successfull except 1".

So now you're seing this on multiple machine? Just 1 XP and 1 2003 server, or many of either?

9. gpg1

gpg1 Registered Member

all was successfull except one on the diagnostic report. Also, when i originally posted on feb 14th, I was only testing on a few test machines. I have since installed on all clients and servers. Our other antivirus was expiring so I had to install any way I could. Even if it meant going to every machine.

10. techie007

So are ALL the machines reporting this now, most of them, a few of them?

Have you used "Sigverif" on one of the affected systems to get some ideas of what Windows thinks is signed and unsigned?

Is the Cryptography service is running on the affected machines?

Have you tried:

Code:
    net stop cryptsvc
    ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 oldcatroot2
    net start cryptsvc
    shutdown -r -f -t 00
    On one of the affected machines?

Can you install it manually while sitting at one of the affected systems without getting the Unsigned driver box?

Have you tried using the full install file from Eset's website vs. a generated Einstaller.exe package?

If you still get the error installing from a full install package while sitting locally at the system I'd say try dis-joining the system from the domain, then create a new local test admin user and try the install again.

The idea is to test if it's something on the domain (policy or otherwise) causing the problem.

If it works without the pop-up, uninstall again, rejoin the domain and try the install again as a domain user (with install privileges) who's never been on that system before. If it now doesn't work I'd say it's a domain policy of some kind.

If it DOES work, uninstall, log out and log back in as the usual domain user, and try again, if it doesn't work as that user. then it's the users' local profile that's screwed.

If none of this helps, then try a recent service pack re-install on one of them and see what happens.

Beyond this, I'm out of ideas, maybe others' have some more. :) You'll probably just have to wait on Eset support. I find calling them via phone can often expedite things with on-going cases.

11. gpg1

gpg1 Registered Member

the xp machines on the domain as well a 1 test machine off the domain has had this problem. the only machine that did not have this problem was a 2003 server in a wrkgroup. the domain 2003 servers have this problem also. I am currently taking a closer look at the one machine where it worked. i did not try sigverif. thanks for the command. I will try all your suggestions and let you know.

thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.