Purchasing NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Firecat, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your help, especially Daddy Happy Bytes :-*

I will be purchasing NOD32 this month. I have contacted Eset for a students' license, if I don't get it, I'll buy the USD 39 package from the eStore.

I have one last question though: In some other forums, I heard that IMON can cause problems and slow down computers. Is this true? The beta seemed pretty light to me...but I didn't check it for compatibility.

Thanks again :)

2. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

I don't have any problems with IMON or detect any noticable speed difference with the IMON HTTP scanner enabled or disabled when surfing with either a P4 2.8 machine or a P3 500 machine and a 3Mb download speed cable connection.

As a test I even uploaded 10 1MB jpg files to a website and checked the time it took to download and fully display the page with the picture files and clearing the browser cache each time. I didn't see any detectable time difference with the IMON HTTP scanner enabled or disabled.

Of course each platform is a bit unique and others may have a different experience depending upon their setup and applications running.

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I have IMON set with the settings Blackspear listed and i have not no problems at all with speed or compatability. I actually have mine locked down a little tighter than what he suggested and haven't noticed a thing.

As already stated, it will vary from platform to platform, but I really don't think you should have any problems.

Ciao for now

4. Gauthreau

Gauthreau Guest

There have been a few reported problems with NOD32 and computer slowdowns, however, it's hard to say whether or not you will have any problems given the plethora of hardware and software combinations out there. If you had no problems with the beta version, I highly doubt you will have problems after you purchase it.

Neil

5. Firecat

Is there any noticeable slowdown (in your experience) if you keep every setting of NOD32 at maximum blast? o_O

I usually try to keep every setting set to the max.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have placed Nod32 on hundreds of PC's, all maxed out, and never, and I repeat, never seen a slowdown, it is light and mean ;) :D

Cheers :D

7. Capp

Capp Registered Member

It's like a ferrari with mini-guns :D

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

9. Jaska

Jaska Registered Member

I tried to purchase (actually continue my one month free Nod32 subscription). I never received any response from Eset, but luckily they didn't take any money from my credit card either. The option to renew the license was valid only about a month so I think it is impossible to renew it now...

How much is the studet license (in EU)?

10. Blackspear

I’ve never seen such a thing, are you talking about the FREE “Trial Version” that expires after 30 days?

Where did you send the email to?

Click on this link, then on the country of origin.

11. Jaska

Jaska Registered Member

No, it was a promotional version with a username and password. I tried to renew it but Eset never sent me a confirmation email. No money was drawn from my Visa.

I did'n send an email, I purchased it via Esets webstore

There seems not to be student license...

12. Blackspear

There are student discounts available, you might have to email sales@nod32.com or email a Reseller or Distributor in your country.

13. Firecat

I got a response from Prudente Solutions to my email saying that there is no discount for a home user even if I am a student? o_O

14. Blackspear

I know that a number of Distributors offer Student Discounts, including Australia, though it is not advertised, you have to email asking for it...

15. Firecat

Our distributors sure dont offer it :(

Oh well I'll buy from rumpstah :)

16. hbkh

hbkh Registered Member

Thats weird, I got my license from http://www.nod32-av.com for $19 after student discount... I'm glad college is getting me something :D

17. Blackspear

Maybe they don't know about it, they can always ask Eset, I'm not sure if it is a local policy that each Distributor makes a choice to offer or not, or if it is available and they just are not aware that it is available from Eset.

Germany also offers it.

18. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I don't know why someone wouldn't offer it. I know as a reseller, I offer it. I work at a school so I get plenty of customers and it's quite an incentive to get such a great AV for less than $20.

19. CyberMew

CyberMew Registered Member

Yea, cheaper AV means people are more convinced to get it. My friends would be able to afford it more. When I bought it, there wasn't some kind of student license and it's still the same now. Bought it at S$65.90 :(

20. Firecat

All Right!!!!!

I have purchased it, two year students' license. Great! I'm just waiting for NOD 2.5 to release now.

Thanks for all your support - All members, Happy Bytes, Blackspear, Rumpstah and Ronjor :-* :-*

Cheers,
    Kaushik :D

21. Blackspear

Good to see, and it is my pleasure. I am working on the new tutorial as we speak, not that you will need it, shall we just call you the explorer ;) :D

22. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

So you took the BIG plunge... Congrats on your new purchase. :D

23. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

Bummer! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I would expect all things in the world - but that firecat finally really purchased NOD32 cracks me up :eek: :eek: :eek: (I mean especially after all this "circus" with 5000 and 1 other AV... I'm pretty much sure nobody else did test so much different AV's so far... :rolleyes: )

However, i was suspecting something strange yesterday when i saw Firecats signature :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

Welcome in the NOD32 Community - now you are a member. This includes special protection from daddy cool happy bytes :cool:

HURRA! Finally a great friday... Firecat bought NOD32, there will be a big backdoor update and best of all... i'm still in the bed :D Gotta go to work :D

24. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

Two years licence! Perfect
    HB, any secret link for downloading ......?

25. Firecat

I have the feeling it hasnt been uploaded yet....I was fiddling around with the eset server to see if they've hidden it....no luck :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.