Purchasing NIS09 online question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by geepondy, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geepondy

geepondy Registered Member

Ok, my trial version of NIS09 has expired. When I click the "buy now" button, it brings me to a web page where I can buy the product for $69.99. However when I first installed the product I had to create an account in the Norton my account site. When I log on there, it says I have the trial NIS09 as an active product and an option to buy a key. When I click on that, I can buy a key for only $49.99. Is there any difference between the two options? It says the key is good for three installs as well.

2. Zeena

Zeena Registered Member

Hi :)

I also installed the trial of - NIS 09
    However...
    I forgot to check my email first.. To see if they had sent me a Trial - Product Key
    So.. Because I panicked! :argh:
    And couldn't work out if I was supposed to have a Trial Product Key or not ... I just typed in my unused NIS 08 Product Key :rolleyes:

Now I Think... But I'm Not Sure :oops:
    When you install the Trial ... You Just Click - Done
    Use your 15 day trial
    Then purchase a new Product Key :D
    Either...
    OR...
    Buy a Disk of NIS 09 from a store ( e.g. PC World )
    Either...
    Buy a 1 PC Licence ( Product Key )
    OR...
    Buy a 3 PC Licence ( Product Key )

How Many Days Has Your Trial Been Running?
    Open NIS 09 ... And look how many days you have left - OK ;)
    NOTE : At the bottom of the main NIS 09 window... You should be able to see how many days you have left of your - Trial

NIS 09 ... Is probably warning you that your trial is about to run out :doubt:
    And that's why your Trial is still showing as - Active
    If you think about it...
    You will need to get the New Product Key ready ( But Not Use It / Activate It ) ... Before Your Trial Runs Out!
    If you wait until the trial has already run out... You'll Be Unprotected! :(

By The Way... This is the Firewall section ;)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

No difference. They are offering you a discount - take it :cool: By the way, NIS 2009 can be activated with keys from previous versions as well. I activated my installs with a 2007 key.

4. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

PM me re: Norton 2009 plz.

:)

5. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Two days ago I installed Norton 360 v2 on my computer. All I wanted was the AV and firewall, but a phone call interrupted me and I got it all. The reason I took the 360 is my wife's Dell came with Norton installed as a trial. She loves it bought it. She also has 2G RAM on her desktop to my 512 on my older desktop. Hers came with the ability to load onto 3 computers.

I downloaded the new version 2 without a problem, once I found the upgrade page on Symantec - which wasn't easy.

Installation was typically Norton, as I remember it. It took ... uhh ... a while. Updating seemed to be eternal, but possibly it had a lot to catch up.

I rebooted, although there was no need, and a full 10 minutes passed before everything was up and I could do something. Once running, I noticed no hit on performance. Authorizing amounted to only putting in the serial number that came with her computer.

Yesterday, when I turned the box on, it was much faster

Today, when I fired up the computer, I hardly noticed a difference in speed. Updating was flawless, running an av check was very fast and I could continue to run my browser during the antivirus/spyware check.

Norton 360 isn't Norton IS, but I'm impressed. Even with a measly 512RAM it runs light, although it did take several boots to, apparently, get everything settled down. I'm impressed.

In fact, I crossed my fingers and ran all the various programs that come with 360, except saving anything in the 2G vault, since I refuse to store files on anything but CD or on my second HD. Everything ran without a hitch. In truth, using Sandboxie or Shadow Defender, there wasn't much to clean up and defragging the HD (25% fragmented) was amazingly fast.

All in all, even with my 512 RAM, this new Norton is a winner in my book. Another myth dispelled. The first was Vista, which I now love and which runs flawlessly. Now, I have Norton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.