Purchased Port Explorer But Never Recieved Unlock Code

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Chud, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

This deafening silence, plus the comments on this forum, amount to a PR disaster. From that perspective alone, it is hard to imagine that the DiamondCS people just let this happen.

On a different note, apparently both DiamondCS and Ghost Security are based in Perth. And I noticed a striking similarity in graphic detail... Compare the ProcessGuard 'About' screen to this one:

http://www.ghostsecurity.com/images/ad04.jpg

Could it be that these two companies are being run by the same people?

2. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Ghost Security was formed when one of the coders (Jason) for DiamondCS went off to start his own company which he termed Ghost Security. That is probably why there is a similarity.

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

To all,

With respect to sharing unlock codes in the background, this is something I would really strongly recommend against. It puts the original code owner, and their name, in a potentially compromised position. I understand everyone's intentions here are all for the good, but sometimes you simply have to either step back or let go...

For those who have not received serial codes, simply do as you would for any other instance in which products purchased were not delivered - request a refund from the group handling this transaction as the purchased product, an unlock code, has not been delivered to you. Refer them to this thread if you must as a means to establish good intent on your part and failure to deliver on the part of others.

Blue

4. rwizard

rwizard Registered Member

12/14/2006

Well, add me to the list of folks who paid but didn't get. I purchased Process Guard, Worm Guard, and Port Explorer. Still No Code for PE/WG! No response to emails!!

Very distressing on so many levels.

5. 'G'

'G' Registered Member

What interests me is that there was a “cease to trade” in Dec. 2005 at about the time that TD-3 was disbanded.

If all that was going on was that Wayne was disbanding one product to concentrate on anthers, i.e., PG, PE etc, why the “cease trading” notice?

It seems to me that this company is dead and buried. I cannot see how Wayne can expect users that put their trust in him again to be messed about once again.

His reputation now is worthless.

The only reason to excuse Wayne is if he was suffering a long-term illness, or family illness or something equally distressing. In this case, I have no problem at all with delays in codes or replies.

What it does show is that having a single developer running the show putts all the projects in jeopardy however.

I will be requesting a refund for PE and PG. If the situation changes I will repurchase.

6. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

I think it probably has more to do with the more "Relax" attitude towards business people have in Australia.... The "Other" guy Jason (GhostSecurity) is also using a rather laissez-faire attitude towards his products. He doesn't deal with it much on the forums either. I think it may be just the ways these guys operate...

7. Tarras

Tarras Registered Member

I have requested a refund from RegSoft and received very prompt notification from them that the credit has been processed.

Thank goodness for reputable businesses like RegSoft and Digital River!

In future I will look much closer at the websites of software vendors and if they don't give adequate contact details I will be extremely cautious about purchasing their product.

I note that Ghost Security is also extremely shy - you can't even find their email address on their website - only an email form - so you don't have a record of your email. I won't be buying anything from them.

8. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Being in Australia myself, and working often 12-15 hour days and weekends - checking mail for customer queries first thing when I wake, and last thing before I go to sleep I would respectfully disagree with your first statement.

While it may be the way *those* guys operate, ignoring the customer is NOT a core Australian business practice.

Now, if you've ever been to some small cities in Russia ... :D

9. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

Hahaha... now your conjuring up all kinds of funny thoughts!!! :cautious:

10. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

If only............. I can assure you there's no such thing as a 'relaxed attitude towards business' here in Oz, you can get ripped off, stitched up, sent bankrupt, make a killing etc. with just as much ruthlessness as anywhere else in the world. Anyway as everyone down here knows it's the kangaroos in the office that cause all the problems and I suspect DCS has quite a few hopping around through their establishment ............. it's about the only reason I can think of for their appalling lack of interest in peoples problems around here.

11. gre87y

gre87y Registered Member

Where did you find this information? I've heard rumors of this and also rumors of Wayne being in bad health if this is true I wish him a speedy recovery and my very best. Being a long time customer and fan Of DCS I would like to see this company survive and flourish but leaving us in the dark , not knowing what's going on doesn't exactly instill confidence in the future of the company.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2006
  12. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

One poster mis-interpreted some ASIC information that I had provided a link to. :(

There was some paperwork about change of officeholder (cessation to hold an office - such as company secretary/director of the business), some change of officeholder address - and that's it. All perfectly normal.

Nothing to worry about on the legal paperwork/company status side of things based on the publically available info.

13. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Hello Mike :) It was me that probably mis-interpreated, but still mate, I cant locate these dudes anywhere in perth, as I said I live in Perth, and I've asked quite a few Computer Retailers, such as Arrow Computers, Trax Computers, and even Compaq's Office here in Perth but nobody seems to know where these guys went,or even where they are :doubt: If they know anything of DiamondCS, They said they will let me know, Glad to see at least someone is listening to what I sugested a few posts ago,and request a refund from the Credit Card Handling Companies Such as RegSoft ;)

14. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

To All Persons Purchasing Port Explorer Form DiamondCs. A Poster has sent me detailed contact Information regarding the Address and Telephone number of Diamond Computer Systems which read as follows:

Contact Info for diamondcs.com.au:

Diamond Computer Systems Pty. Ltd.
    74 Pinnaroo Drive Padbury WA 6025 AUSTRALIA

+61 9307 3987, Fax: +61 9307 3676
    wayne [at] diamondcs.com.au

Please be advised, the Contact Number has been disconnected,and is no longer in service. I strongly sugest ALL parties involved with,and not recieving satisfaction Request an Immediate refund from RegSoft or Digital River.
    The listed Address for Wayne is only 5 minutes drive away from where I am located, I shall endeavour to find out what is going on by driving there today :)

15. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

So what did you learn? You went by? And.....o_O

16. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Sorry I get lumbered with something,but I'll drive by tomorrow,and report what I find out :)

17. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

May I kindly ask to respect the privacy of Wayne, please.

Of course I can understand the frustration (is that the right English word?) of those who bought a program from DiamondCS and didn't receive an unlock code for whatever reason.

I'm only asking to respect Wayne's privacy.
    Thanks.

18. Optimist

Optimist Registered Member

Wayne does not respect the rights of his customers either! Why should his deceived customers respect his privacy? o_O

19. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Because a person associated with a business and a business are different entities and the only questions that should be addressed here are ones of a commercial nature. One either obtains the product purchased or one doesn't. If one doesn't there are clear steps that may be taken to redress the situation. End of discussion.

Let me be clear here - discussion of matters aside from the strictly commercial related to purchasing issues are inappropriate, will be removed immediately, and this thread will be closed. Any follow-up attempts in that direction will be taken off-line without comment or discussion. Is that clear enough for all?

Blue

20. Ice_Czar

Ice_Czar Registered Member

I can only attest that Wayne and Galvin have always provided me with great customer service, and note that as of Oct 23rd they released a new version v2.15. Id imagine that its very possible after a big push, leading into the holiday season that the principles thought they deserved a vacation and for some unknown reason something has gone amiss in the customer service. This is their 20th year of doing business, that has been to my knowledge 20 years of stone cold reliability and I personally wouldnt jump to any rash conclusions. Especially over a "cease to trade" that is a year old.

21. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Just for ongoing clarification - there was no "Cease to trade". The original poster misinterpreted the ASIC information.

22. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

and from reply # 18

With all due respect, I wished that one vendor would refrain from posting comments about another vendor (no matter what good intents).

23. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

I agree, Ice_Czar !

We simply don't know what happened.
    Rushing to conclusions without knowing what is happening, is not the way to go.
    Wayne's dad established the DCS company long ago.
    I for one thank Wayne, and DCS, much for what he did in the past years.

As I said before: of course I understand the frustrations of those who bought a program from DCS but didn't get for some reason a reply.
    I regret to see that happening !
    Blue posted already about that.

But, again, we don't know what is happening.
    I don't want to see speculations.
    Folks, please, let's not forget the human touch.

Regards,
    Jan

24. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

There is nothing wrong with people having opinions, even if they are a similar/competing vendor, and there certainly wasn't any ill intent that I can see, just clarification on a previous post.

Cheers :)

25. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I Think it will come as no surprise to members,that when I tell you that I did take a drive to the last known Address of Diamond Computer Systems (DiamondCS) That Wayne had actually moved on from the premises. The Address is that of a residential property,and the New Occupants informed me that they had actually lived there since October last year. They did know of Wayne however, and the Gentleman informed me that he still recieved mail at his address for Wayne,and his Wife, who was not home at the time, forwarded Waynes Mail to his Mothers Address. I was told that he would ask his wife to contact me with the forwarding Address, however I cannot see how this will be conclusive to locating the whereabouts of DiamondCS. as a result I will not be following up on the New Address,as I do not wish to intrude into the privacy of Someones Parents,regardless of it Locating the whereabouts of the DiamondCS people. I have personally taken my own time in trying to provide an Answer to why it is members are not recieving product codes, And the Conclusion I have come to, is one I made earlier. To get total satisfaction from your Complaints, Lodge a refund request with RegSoft or Digital River, whoever your payment was made to. In closing it is quite obvious for whatever reason, DiamondCS have become a company who are renegging on their promise to provide in an adequate timeframe Registration Codes for their software. A simplist answer to this problem is, Do not purchase from DiamondCS in the future, as I cannot understand the logic, in members reading these posts of complaints,and Other members purchasing the Software after reading these posts. as I say I have far gone out of my way to provide answers to members why they are not recieving their registration codes. I hope you take notice that the likelyhood of you ever recieving these codes, is minimal,as Wayne has Moved on,and taken his Business with him.

Edit: Not 5 minutes ago, I recieved a telephone call from the New Owners of the property where Wayne was located,and the wife of the Gentleman I spoke with, informed me they do not have an Address for Wayne, only for his mother, the whereabouts of Wayne is still unknown :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.