proxomitron and settings

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by geru, Nov 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geru

geru Guest

Hi,

I have just uninstalled webwasher and put Proxomitron in its place. It is a big improvement but unfortunately I now cannot access my yahoo email account.
    Does anyone know what setting on Proxomitron I should switch off to allow me to access the email ?

(it wont get past the name and password screen)

Thanks !

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Greeting geru,

I moved your post over to "Privacy Software" as there are people over here who both know the tools in question and can answer your questions.

Welcome,
    LowWaterMark

3. peakaboo

peakaboo Registered Member

If you have Kill cookie out checked under headers filter, you will not be able to log in.

This may not be it since you are able to post here...

4. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

Open the log window in Proxo and under EDIT, check HTML DEBUG INFO. Then load the exact page you're having problems with.

From the help file:

Inserting HTML Debug Info

Under the log window's menu is an option to insert "debug info" into webpages. When this is checked, all webpages will be shown as text. Areas of the page that were modified by your web filters will be highlighted allowing you to easily see exactly what changes each filter has made. This can be Very helpful, and should be the first thing you try when debugging a filter that's causing a problem or not matching what you expect.
    (Note: this is shown in your browser - not in the log itself)

The original text each filter matches is shown here in red surrounded by...

<Match (filter's name)>
    Original web page text matched
    </Match>

The filter's output will be the text that follows directly after. In this way you can tell exactly what these filters are doing to the web page's HTML.

5. ceru

ceru Guest

hi,

thanks for the replies. unfortunately I couldnt follow the advice from mike (...not proficient with computers but learning... ) but peakaboos worked fine .

thanks!

6. claire

claire Guest

7. peakaboo

peakaboo Registered Member

Glad it worked for you Geru / ceru.

Kill cookie out is a good filter to keep for general browsing.
    If you want to verify this, go to the following link and run browser check @ pc flank. Try it with Kill cookie out as a filter and then without and you will see the difference. It will also show up on the the privacy.net test.

http://www.pcflank.com/browser_test1.htm

http://privacy.net/

What I do is have multiple configuration settings with default config being the highest security.

It is sooo easy to switch configs on the fly with proxo... just right mouse click on proxo in sys tray and select load configuration file

If I want to go to yahoo mail, I know I need to have the configuration with cookie kill out filter unchecked

Hotmail same thing you can't use Disable JavaScript filter and get into your hotmail account so you may want to have a separate config to get into your hotmail (if you use hotmail) which has all your normal security filters except Disable JavaScript... etc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.