Protection Status Disabled after Restart

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Bizadi, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

I am writing for a friend who has SS v3.0.657 (just updated today). She has noticed that whenever she restarts the Protection Status is disabled. She can always re-enable it but we want to know why this is happening (just started about 2 weeks ago and SS is approx 2 months old). I'll probably call ESET tomorrow but I first wanted to see if we are missing anything obvious. Thanks. Her system is XP Home SP2.

2. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

I didn't realize that phone support was only available for business customers. Any advice would be appreciated, please. Thanks!:)

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Is that what you were told by ESET?

4. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

Eset's support page tells me to submit a support request form (inconvenient b/c I can't get to my friend's house too often) or visit this forum. Live help is only for Premium Service contracts.

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

6. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

I'm checking out their support request page now. For Case Type the choices are:

Purchase/Renewals
    Activate/Register
    Username/Password
    Download/Installation
    Remote Administrator/Exchange
    Threats/Error Messages
    Feedback

None of these options seem to fit our case. I will call 'em later (thanks for the number).

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Try this.

Attached Files:

8. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

I wonder why that info. is not on their Support page -http://www.eset.com/support/index.php

9. ingber

ingber Registered Member

My Thinkpad/XP Pro SP3 just started exhibiting this problem as well with ESS 657. All boots and reboots under 657 absorb 100% CPU for the first 10 mins or so. I stopped this after a few minutes on the previous reboot by disabling and then re-enabling protection. It seems that doing so also changes the default startup options? That is, I noticed that "Automatic real-time file system protection startup" was unchecked (which I did not do), and I had to check it again.

Lester

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  10. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

We found that in my friend's Antivirus and Antispyware "module" (NOD32), under "Real-time file system protection", the "Enable" box was unticked. Same with "Automatic real-time file system protection startup" under "Advanced setup".

We had been experiencing install problems with XP SP3 and had gone back to a restore point without installing SP3 but her system had slowed to a crawl. I had gone thru the EAV 3.0 Tutorial "extra settings" thread earlier and had changed most of the AV & AS settings. I thought that the slowness was b/c of the SP3 problems but my friend says that after she "turned off eset" her computer is better. Should I go back in and change the settings and ignore the EAV 3.0 Tutorial? Is there a similar tutorial thread for Smart Security?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.