ProSecurity version 1.08 released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by gerardwil, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

mmmmmm

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I have checked it out, quite nice, but the locking feature still does not work the way I want it to. But isn´t this basically a Process Guard "killer"? I´m not sure if PG is maybe a bit more advanced in protecting processes but ProSecurity does seem to be offering more + it has a nicer looking GUI, important to me. :cool:

3. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Registered Member

Actually the GUI looks like a ripoff of PG to me.

And I had bad experiences with this one, very sluggish. I do something, the prompt only occurs 10-15 seconds later! And yes this was a clean system so no software conflicts.

4. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

have you even tried 1.08 yet ? this software has only existed for a matter of months . . we are not established 100% yet. when you have valid comments to the auther to help him then we make our software better. We want to make sure our software will be the best and we cant do this withought your help people . . . instead of ripping it up in a post why dont you goto the forum and sign up and give us constructive criticism and comments to help us, unless if you work for Diamond software in that case feel free to rip us down for trying to be better.

www.proactive-hips.com

Oh and i am glad you like it Rasheed187, please goto our forum and help us with your suggestions !

Thanks

5. Rasheed187

Ripoff? I have to disagree, it looks much better than PG´s. And it most be something on your machine DA, because I´m getting instant alerts.

@ TECHWG

I´m already a member, I will try to help as much as possible, there are still some bugs in the app.

6. Devil's Advocate

Well what can I say? Unlike you I test with a clean machine, so it clearly isn't a software conflict .

TECHWG, I don't work for anybody, I just call them as I see them. But yeah it was the beta, so far I didn't have time to play with your final product, there are so many out there. But I advise you to listen very closely to Rasheed187, he brings to the table months and months of experience with playing with such products , testing them by clicking on leak tests, termination tests and whatnot.

if you play your cards right he will even advertise it to his pals at the Maxthon forum.

7. Rasheed187

That´s the problem with guys like you DA, you think you need to be some kind of top notch hacker to find simple bugs in these kind of apps. And yes with simple tools you can find these bugs/strange behavior. And if you have so much know-how why not help to make this app as strong as possible?

I mean you claim to be an expert but instead of making informative posts, you often come up with sarcastic/provocative stuff. Come on now, let´s get real would a true expert come to this forum and get annoyed with people commenting about security issues, or discussing security software in general? LMAO :D

8. Devil's Advocate

Huh? Why does my description of what you do offend you? It's the truth no?

And sure you don't have to be a first class hacker to test for bugs, but I don't consider reports like, "X was killed by APT termination method 2" as a bug. It's a feature. :)

9. Rasheed187

Yes that´s what I do (kind off), but from what I have understood from our little PM session is that you test these tools on a much higher level, you and your hacker buddies have even found a way to bypass some (or most) of these HIPS, bravo! Not that it´s anything new to me since even with my limited know-how I have discovered that a lot of anti malware tools are not doing that a great job.

But you can´t deny that you feel superiour to most of us over here @ Wilders, and that you really get annoyed by us, because (according to you) we "act like we know stuff". I mean you are the real deal right? How dare we try to discuss these anti-malware tools! And how silly of us that we think we are in a position to test these apps. Either that or you are some kind of frustrated scriptkiddie. :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

To all:

Just a reminder of the thread discussion....ProSecurity version 1.08 released.

Let's Please keep the personal dribble for PM's or another site besides Wilders.

Thanks

11. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    One thing I have noticed is that there are some grammar / spelling / punctuation errors on your website. It would help the overall impression of seriousness if you could polish them up. These little things sparkle strongly with us the OCD.
    Cheers, all the best.
    Mrk

12. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I'm not here to post rubbish comments. But from looking at the screenshots on the product's site, in terms of art and creativity I must say its a fact that the GUI does not have the modern high-tech look that Processguard has.

I'm not being biased towards anything here trust me. The screenshot of ProSec...'s alert box shows a alert box that is just simply put, a copycat of Processguard's alert box. Just like DA said ITS A RIPOFF. But if ProSecurity can have good performance, a nicer looking GUI put together would complement it best. There's no such thing as looks ain't important.

More creativity please? :D

Seems like they wanna compete against the Big Guys.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  13. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.