ProSecurity v1.26 released! [as of Jan 08, 2007]

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by PSDeveloper, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Re: ProSecurity v1.24 released! [as of Dec 2, 2006]

I agree with you there - programs should be intuitive.

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

For a paint program or similar, I would agree. From the point of a program that controls the OS, I certainly disagree.

This of course would need for the addition of hard_coded rules, to stop the possibility of user making incorrect decisions. This as been mentioned for PS as a loadable ruleset, But I certainly hope that no hard_coded rules are added.

3. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

i just downloaded and tryed to install 1.24 free but i get a install driver failed.please enshure you have enough privilieg to install driver.iam the admin.has eny one else had this problem and know of a fix or workaround ??

i also get a box prosecurity can't create cummunication with kernel driver...
    ive tryed three times to uninstall and clean reinstall but the same thing every time..

4. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Let me guess . . are you on Vista ? because win2k, 2k3 and XP do not have this problem. Vista has had this issue for me since VISTA does not support any of these softwares presently.

5. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

We all forget or prefer to not read manuals, but with these types of software, you are taking your computers safety and security into your own hands at your own risk. This in my opinion does not reflect on the developer since he does forewarn you in the documentation even on the first page that is opened for you.

Also i concur with the developers statement about the driver. This version startes the driver early , which can in turn perhaps protect against more things thus detecting more things thus will be blocked at bootup causing so many BSOD or freezups with old rules prior to 1.24. This is why its extreamly important to always reboot in learn mode when you install. Also i would suggest update too for this reason of enhancements to the driver to pick up more things.

Best regards

WG

6. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

I believe this will be a non issue stem :D i think there will be NO hard coded rules, however as you remember from previous talks about PS i think it will have preset import lists for the different OS, so you can import good working rules if you need or wish to.

7. theshadow247

you guessed wrong iam running xp pro.so it would seem that p.s does have the problem with xp.

8. webster

webster Registered Member

theshadow247 you`re not alone. I had the same problem (XP).

9. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

the developer knows about it and is working on it i think. Feel free to goto our forum for further details and help. but as for this problem, i feel it was a error just prior to compiling, and this means that PS is perfectly ok, but the problem can now be fixed with a 1 line edit and a recompile :D then you can use the update feature to upgrade.

10. PSDeveloper

PSDeveloper Registered Member

We have fixed the free edition's problem of installing ProSecurity's driver failed while install ProSecurity, please download the new setup program here:http://www.proactive-hips.com/download/pssetup_free.exe

The problem of "can't refresh log automatics" fixed too[BOTH FREE AND PAID], but this problem only occured while install program, and if you have rebooted system, this problem will not reappear, so it's not needed to download a setup program of a paid version if you have installed it.

11. theshadow247

thanks.PSDeveloper.i just d/l and installed with no problems.keep up the good work.cheers...

12. webster

Still same problem here :'(

13. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

please give details exactly what happened. Did you have a previous install? was it an upgrade ? how long ago did you download ? Perhaps your ISP transparently cached the download and you still have the same version.

14. webster

I tried the update, but it didn´t work well. Removed it completely, and cleaned registry with jv16. Installed the new version and got the error. I cleaned the registry again and downloaded again today, and did a fresh install. Same problem.

ISP caching ? I don`t think so. Have not heard about this.

15. webster

Just made a MD5. It`s ok. No ISP caching.

16. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

ok i see. Lets see what the developer can do about this for you

17. PSDeveloper

PSDeveloper Registered Member

Which version you installed, Free or Paid? Could you tell me the error message you got?

18. webster

Free version. It was the "driver failed" error. Tried to install full version, with no errors . Uninstalled again, and installed free version with no errors. Works fine now.

19. webster

No more boot problems. Runs very smooth :thumb:

20. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

:D i am glad

21. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Very happy with ProSecurity. I'm running the latest free version alongside CyberHawk, Kerio 2.1.5, and Avira antivirus and Sandboxie. Everything is as smooth as I could ask for.

After install, I ran all the programs I normally use and rebooted then took ProSecurity off Learning Mode. After reboot, I got a couple of warnings from CyberHawk and ProSecurity when opening Opera in Sandboxie. I'd forgotten to run Sandboxie, and had not run it since putting in CyberHawk. Those warnings served to tell me both programs were on the job.

I think I'll stick with ProSecurity and CyberHawk for a while. After playing with nearly all of them the past few weeks, these two seem to be the best for me.

22. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Just dont ask for a refund.:mad:

23. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Now . . what could you possibly mean by that comment? the guy says hes using freeware and is happy and you say dont ask for a refund . . I am thinking either you confused this thread for the wrong thread somewhere else, or i want some of what you are taking because its strong stuff! lol
    Free = free . . no refund needed

24. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Sorry, maybe that was meant from someone who paid, had issues and asked for a refund and was denied. But hey, that is what they make credit card protection for with their credit card companies.:mad:

Just figured paying consumers might want to know.

25. kr4ey

kr4ey Registered Member

Kind of hard to ask for refund on a free product. The small price for the paid version is worth it, for this excellent software.

I am a paying consumer of PS, and have ZERO issues.
    Any software will have some issues sometime in its development.
    If there are issues the PS Developer is very very quick to fix them.

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.