ProSecurity free and Registry Protection ?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Mido, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mido

Mido Registered Member

Group,

Last week I hear for the first time, talk about HIPS.
    I had already ProcessGuard and changed for ProSecurity free.

The fact is when I check about the comparison between the free and full version http://www.proactive-hips.com/diffedition.php the free version is not suppose to protected Registry but on the right click menu from the right task bar (see picture).
    Sometime I can see Registry Protection and the other time it disappears.

Now, I don’t know if I must use RegProt or not?

By the way, with Jetico v1, Kaspersky AV7, GesWall, AVG AS and ProSecurity free.
    Is it too much or just good for protect a Windows xp home PC.

With:
    ProSecurity.JPG

Without :
    ProSecurity2.JPG

And I didn't touch anything inside ProSecurity, just click off the learn mode, anyway I saw nothing into the interface about Registry something?

I just come to remark, a pic is in english and the other one in french, strange?
    It installed it in english and I changed the language? Don't Know?

About the Registry protection problem, if it's a problem.
    I just remember, last week, for my first try with ProSecurity, I have installed the full version for 1 or 2 hours. It caused to lot damage, I didn't start it in learn mode, oups.
    Is it possible, some traces stay into the Registry and come back for mix this little right click menu?

However, I cleaned this registry many time since?

Thank.

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It seems a bug that it shows reg protection module there sometimes. I think I have noticed it too, although it was always absent in main window/ GUI.

You have plenty of protection and KAV PDMs have registry protection module that should be more than enough for u. I will not go for RegProt.

I will also suggest to use AVG AS only as on-demand. U don,t need it in realtime.

3. Mido

Mido Registered Member

aigle,
    Is it mean we have or not a registry portection with this ProSecurity free version.

I don't use it.

What mean PDMs?

----------------------------------

I come just remark, right after PC boot, the Registry protection appear in the menu of the task bar, but after arround 15min. it disappear, as second pic show?

Thank.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

No, u don,t have it.
    Proactive Defence Modules of KAV
    It has Application control, Behavior blocker, Registry defence etc.
    If u want, use it. It,s very useful as HIPS.

5. Mido

Mido Registered Member

aigle,
    I just come buy KAV.
    That's mean I don't need ProSecurity, if I put workforce Registry protection active and perhaps either the Integrity (or equity) control active on KAV.

Is KAV realy also HIPS powerfull then HIPS tool like ProSecurity, for who is his specialty.

When I asked before, if my securty kit was ok, it's was because I want buy ProSecurity and GesWall for finish my kit.
    Then these informations can make me safe some buy.

Thank.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

KIS PDMs are good as HIPS. PS paid version will though offer more.
    It all depends what u need. Some will have both, some will use one of them and still others will not use anyone of these.

I will suggest you to run a trial for these and decide what u like on ur system without any issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.