proret.msi message

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by bggirl, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bggirl

bggirl Registered Member

I've seen several posts across the web referring to 'missing proret.msi' messages. (I haven't seen any here but have not delved too deeply.) I started getting this message today when I tried to access Spyblaster. I've never had the problem before. I updated my version of spywareblaster. Same problem.

I did some research and found out that proret.msi refers to an msi file included in the retail version of Windows XP Pro. Trial version is 'protri.msi'. I have the enterprise version which apparently does not have any special suffix. (pro.msi)

I just cancelled the message, did not install the CD, the last time I tried to access/use spywareblaster. It continued and appeared to run normally. I'm thinking maybe the spywareblaster software needs to be updated to also include other valid versions of the 'pro.msi' program in whatever check is taking place. (Or MS if it is actually background MS software running to allow spywareblaster to run.... not sure.)

Anyways, just an update for anyone wondering what the heck that message is referring to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.