Prolongation of Agnitum's lifetime license offer till January 31, 2009

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Minimax2000, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

On a seperate note whats with the "?" as the traybar icon for Outpost, its very annoying XD

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

It's always been their logo on the tray icon... I never understood why they like it so much either. o_O

3. Cpt. Sparrow

Cpt. Sparrow Registered Member

The question mark shows that the Rules Wizard is currently active.

In case of an unknown event, the wizard will pop up and ask you what Outpost is supposed to do. Hence the question mark.

It's been like this as long as I can remember...

4. Hexamon

Hexamon Registered Member

Hi!

Are Outpost Firewall Pro and OSS suite same in features without antivirus and antispam components ? Antispam component in OSS suite is the same as free one from agnitum ? If you want to have only firewall then should firewall pro be right choice or is there any reason to buy suite instead ?

5. lost24

lost24 Registered Member

Well, I don't know if I'm correct, but to me the suite's, advantage over the firewall is just a wider detection database.

6. Minimax2000

Minimax2000 Registered Member

If you decide to not install the antispam and antivirus modules of OSS then you will get essentially the OFP. If you buy the OSS you invest in the possibility of getting improved security (i.e. improved antivirus module) in the future.

The choice is yours.:)

7. Jerry666

Jerry666 Registered Member

UI bought the 3 year deal as well , till now been using sygate , outpost pro ooks good and a 3 comp lifetime update is a great deal , even if only for 1 year . so far the spyware detector found 2 things adaware and avira pro missed .
    Ihope they don't go bust cause I like this firewall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.