Progress Bar duing scanning

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by nodHead, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

I'm totally confused by it to be honest.

Started a scan (indepth) and the progress bar goes from 0% to about 40% in two seconds. Yet the rest of the scan (two HDD's total files stores = 700GiB) takes a good 20 minutes. What gives? o_O

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This reminds me a similar problem with my old Win98. The installation was quite slow until 98% when it said 2 minutes remaining. However, those 2 minutes were actually 10-20 secs :)

The progress percentage is calculated based on the number of scanned files. We cannot estimate quickly how much time it will take advanced heuristics to emulate particular files. For instance, a folder with txt files would be scanned in seconds whilst a folder with exe files might take minutes or hours to be scanned completely.

3. nodHead

Perhaps the calculation can be done differently? I don't know, but it's just a little confusing seeing the progress bar move from 0% to 40% just like that. Anyway its no showstopper and it doesn't really matter. Just something that I found a bit odd. Thanks for taking the time to reply! :thumb:

4. nodHead

Uploaded a video of the behavior to Rapidshare.

Just doesn't seem right to me. Still. :oops:

5. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

my on scan

0-4-11-13-33

my two scan

0-5-33

my tree scan

0-33

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.