Programs to Run with NIS 2011?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by mhl6493, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

I'm running NIS 2011, and I've been running it along with several other complementary programs. I'm thinking, however, that some of these programs might be unnecessary, given the capabilities of Norton. The only thing I do online other than general surfing is Facebook, banking, and shopping. So in light of that, which of the following programs would you recommend that I keep, and which ones could I safely get rid of?

1. Sandboxie Free
    2. WinPatrol Free
    3. Keyscrambler Free
    4. Prevx/Safeonline Free Facebook tool
    5. SpywareBlaster

I also scan on-demand with Hitman Pro, MBAM, and only for emergencies, Norton Power Eraser.

I don't want to be paranoid, just protected. Thanks for your insights!

2. Boost

Boost Registered Member

1)Sandboxie -- Keep,make sure delete contents automatically when closing sandboxie is enabled.

The rest you wont need.

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Agreed that he won't need more for security, but I think Winpatrol is good to keep around more as an information manager. It brings together a lot good stuff, such as startup items, BHOs and services, that you normally have to look for in different places. It also alerts to changes, such as the addition of new auto-starting items, that Norton won't notice.

4. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

I will recommend Prevx SOL (Facebook) as it will protect your credential (banking and shopping) even if your system is infected and will points out missed threats too. Do not forget to make Prevx proper settings to get maximum juice. Also add WinPatrol Free to keep track of unwanted changes in system files.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  5. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

And what would those proper settings be? I've always used Prevx with the default settings so I'm interested in finding out about these proper settings for maximum protection.

6. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

My choices are here:
    - SafeOnline = Max for HTTP sites
    - Heuristics Max, Apply after Age, Age = Max, Popularity = Low

To reduce I/O load of Prevx, you can disable MBR scanning, especially if you are using it along with other good security software.

7. gazs1

gazs1 Registered Member

i use defensewall and sandboxie with nis 2011, no slowdowns and no conflicts:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.